new owner question - HELP.

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Open your hood. Disconnect the electrical power located on the driver's side at the juntion box aft of the wheelwell. You'll see the "+" and "-" terminal junctions, disconnect the "+". Take care not to ground out to any part of the car while performing this manuver by touching your wrench to the frame or engine. Wait about five minutes and then reconnect the cable. Your car should fire right up.

Unfortunately this is not an uncommon problem with the current car. While not a frequent occurance it isn't something that builds confidence regarding their car in a new owner.

I see your in Hutto, I'm in Cedar Park. I'll e-mail you my phone number, give me a ring if you have any questions or it doesn't spark up.

OP
OP
P

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since you don't have an e-mail link I sent you my phone number by private message. Check your in box at the top of your page when you are on the main menu of the BBS.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jerry;

Your problem may be simpler than the steps you are taking. Has it been over 10 days or so since you last drove? Your battery may be dead or close to it. Buy a Deltran "Battery Tender" and use it whenever you don't intend on driving for more than a week or so.

The other suggestions should work if it is not the battery. If you don't have a battery tender, try a simple jump start from another car and then drive till the battery is restored.

Sincerely,

Jim