New Pistons

WilBriK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was going to get rid of my cast pistons on a 2000+ RT, what would be the best aftermarket replacement option for strength + HP gains?

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some buy JE pistons and some Ross etc.., also it depends on your mods, better if you call one of Viper top tuners, in my case i talked to Sean Roe and he was more than helpful. http://www.roeracing.com

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just talked to Jason Heffner about this last week.

Personally, I would look at a tuner who has DONE what you want (i.e. beat up the pistons and had them not fail). I would say Henn*es*y, Heffner or Doug Levin would be able to tell you plenty about forged pistons.

I would also bet 2 out of 3 probably recommend the same brand and the 3rd would say "yeah those are real good too". And so you have your answer :)

Bear in mind most folks change their pistons for boosted applications - and if you do that you probably want to use low compression pistons. LC pistons would LOSE you power on an NA engine. So don't change em for power alone figuring you can get the car boosted later, since there are different factors to consider (compression) for boost vs. NA strength.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Ross pistons in my car--installed by Jason Heffner.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to decide what you want first - the piston is selected around that.

You want light with a light pin - but too light and it will break or wear

You want a high top ring land for naturally aspirated, but lower for boost or NOS

etc