New Polisher

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spent the day with my new polisher. I used a Griots Porter and cable using the orange pad and set the speed on 4. This is my first attempt at using a powered polisher and the results speak for themselves.

On the R/T i used Griots Machine polish #3 and followed up with the best of show wax after initially Clay barring the vehicle.

On the Viper I just used the Best of Show wax following the instructions on the video of putting on one coat waiting 3 hours and putting on a second coat without removing the first one. After 3 hours i sprayed on the Griots spray on wax and polished that in then wiped the car off with a Micro fiber towell. It takes a long time but the results look great.

Enjoy

Bruce

JHill9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharp looking cars. Reminds me that I need to get out and polish mine but it has been in the high 90s lately and I don't feel like dieing in my garage.

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very Nice. Awesome pair.

Were there many places you had to hand detail the ACR? I found I spent as much time with my hands as with my polisher when I did mine. I like the black six spokes and they look great on your car, I'm running the same wheel with PS2s on the street.

I agree about the heat in Houston the last few days:firedev:

Hope things are cooler for the Club event at Tomball on Saturday.

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice looking job on the car. I use the Griot's products exclusively and I have noticed the shine on the car gets better with each coat of Best of Show. I also have the 3 inch power buffer and pads and it allows me to get in all the places the 6 inch can't reach. It is also a lot lighter, but still does the same job.

I am lucky enough to live 45 minutes away from their new headquarters and went to their grand opening last Saturday. If you check their website you can see a little bit of what it looks like. They have some amazing cars on display there like a McLaren Can Am car, several older Formula 1 cars, a couple of Porsche racers and a nice early Shelby GT-350. The people there are a great help answering detailing questions and will show you how to apply their products right there.

Keep up the good work on your car.

HPmopars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce, Great job :2tu: , and if you want some more "practice" stop by my house. I have plenty of cars in the garage you can polish on. :rolaugh::rolaugh:

-Greg

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you are polishing to remove paint damage, you want to set the polisher on a speed of 5 with 9-14 pounds of pressure. Anything lower and you significantly extend the time it actually takes to get done. :2tu:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the inverse, can you set it to 6 to speed up the process? I have the PC and man does it change from 5 to 6. I could barely hold the thing it vibrated so much.

When you are polishing to remove paint damage, you want to set the polisher on a speed of 5 with 9-14 pounds of pressure. Anything lower and you significantly extend the time it actually takes to get done. :2tu:

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the inverse, can you set it to 6 to speed up the process? I have the PC and man does it change from 5 to 6. I could barely hold the thing it vibrated so much.

When you change the speed to 6, everything about the way you are working changes. The polish breaks down faster and you take the chance of dry buffing the paint if you are inexperienced, something you don't want to do. You may also need to change the installed counterweight at that speed. It is a much more controlled process of paint correction when the PC is used at the speed of 5. That's why I don't advise using it any faster for novices.