New Products Added To Website ....

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

We're happy to announce two new additions to our Viper product lineup.

First is our new Performance PCM.
This PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is needed to correct the following conditions: 1998 and newer Vipers that set a check engine light after header installation (oxygen sensor heater circuit malfunction), check engine lights due to catalytic converter removal, hanging idle and misfire codes on modified engines (Supercharged or otherwise). In stock and priced at $439.95. This is a good value compared to the cost of special upstream oxygen sensors and downstream simulators with installation.

You must be registered for see images

Second are the Bosch Platinum + 2 Spark Plugs.
These two prong plugs provide for multiple spark paths for a longer, more powerful spark. This provides optimal access to the air / fuel mixture for a more efficient combustion plus a longer plug life. They feature a wide pre-set gap that allows for faster starts and smoother engine running. Recommended for all years. Set of 10 plugs per package. In stock and priced at $37.95 per set of 10.

You must be registered for see images

Both items can be found on our catalog by click the Roe Racing Catalog link

Thanks for reading,

Sean

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

Sorry but $439.95 for check engine light disable cheaper than 02 sims? I paid under $200.00 for 02 sims and it fixed the problem, am I missing something here?

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Russ.Got syms from Jon B.They were inexpensive and plug and play.Stock O2 sensors work fine too.I don't get it either. Bruce

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is primarily for the 2000 and newer cars that are setting codes for upstream heater circuit failure at startup (after header installation) and lights / rich condition from removing cats.

The replacement upstream "quick fire" sensors that are available for eliminating the heater code are typically $99 each. The downstream oxygen sensor simulators that are required when cats are removed from 1998 and newer cars are $149.95 a pair. Total for both sets of parts is $350. For installation, the car has to go up in the air, front O2's replaced and downstream O2 sims plugged in, which should take about 30 minutes on a cool engine if you have a lift, longer if you have to use a jack. If you had to pay a shop to install those parts, the bill would be about $50, which brings the total, parts and labor to $400 to get rid of the check engine lights / rich running engine condition.

For $39 more, you can just plug in a new PCM (simple tools and on the ground) and get the added benefit of reducing idle hang, eliminating the skip shift light and misfire codes on modified engines.

These PCM may not be for everybody, but they do make sense if you had a car with these problems. I know many frustrated Viper owners who have spent money on "quick fire" O2 sensors that did not work.

Hope that helps,
Sean

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,
Does the PCM disable the emissions related idle hang that occurs in all Vipers at about 1500 rpm? That would be worth the price alone!

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How are the plugs rated for nitrous - and other uses, where pre-detonation is
a concern. It seems that multi-grounding set-up would be an advantage ??

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

Great news about the performance pcm, you are quite right that anyone that thinks $439. is expensive hasn't gone through what a lot of us have after installing headers, new O2 sensors, drilling out O2 sensors. Mopar ECU's at $600. +, O2 sims, etc. It is nice to finally have a quick easy solution that is guaranteed to work!
What is the advance like on your new box? Is it like stock or more like the mopar unit? WQill this box work better for my car with your SC on it?

Thanks

Steve

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean;

Question on the plugs. There have been many prior posts on this site that mention perceived issues with platinum plugs and Viper ignition systems. Never really understood why and wanted to know if you had any idea why their ability to work in a Viper was questioned.

Next, why the +2 rather than the +4 Bosch plugs?

Thanks Sean....

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Yes, one of the benefits of this PCM is the elimination of programmed idle hang.

The timing strategy is slightly more advanced than most Viper PCM's. It is acceptable for use with the SC kit, but we have to provide alternate VEC2 program cards with it.

Regarding the plugs, we tested the +4 and the +2. Other than $2.00 more per plug, we saw no difference between the +2 and +4 plugs. The + plugs are far better than the standard Platinum plugs. The interesting thing is that you can run such a wide gap with them, much larger than a standard plug can run on a Viper (stock plugs are gapped at 0.035" where these are 0.050").

From my research, the main reason people didn't recommend Platinum plugs before was their construction. They used to have a Platinum tip fused to a different metal core. If there was detonation, the Platinum "puck" could / would come off, causing engine damage. These plugs have one piece solid Platinum electrodes.

Here's the other great thing about them; you're guaranteed to feel / see the difference or your purchase price will be refunded by Bosch. Details are in the box.

Regarding the SRT-10 SC, that will be after the 1992-1996 RT/10 kit being finished up in Sweden.

Sean

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Sean,

Do you need to use (or should you use) a DRB on this ecu for any input info?

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No dyno tests on the plugs yet. I'm going to be running some tests on various coil and ignition systems over the next few days on the dyno and will run the plugs then.

With these plugs, the engine does seem to both start and run smoother. It makes sense as you're able to run a wider gap with Platinum (due to the lower voltage required to start the arc), exposing more of the air / fuel mixture to the spark.

Regarding the PCM, just plug it in, show it full throttle voltage and start the car.

Sean

S

SUN RA KAT

The new spark plugs made my Viper happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a skip shift eliminator, but sometimes the skip shift light doesn't come on. I paid a $3,000 gas guzzler tax and I like to be able to shift to 2nd or 3rd gear when the skip shift light is on - wish it would come on everytime I'm under 2,000 RPM in 1st gear. With my Roe Supercharger, I have enough Roe Power to use practically any gear at any time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can someone explain to me the idle hang - I don't seem to have one. The only time I idle at more than 750-800 RPMs is when I start my Viper for the first time of the day.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sun, try driving your car and shift to neutral...you'll see the car idle at higher RPM.

Sean...I have VEC1, no cats, sims, K&N with smooth tubes and Corsa. What would PCM do for me?