New Review with Scary Final Words

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this negative dialogue all over again, *** some giant super donut eating dude driving 25 mph around the track. Is this what everyone does these days. Surf the net for negative useless bs.... Seriously have any of you commenting actually driven this car.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't really understand the number of cylinders concern. You can buy an Audi R8 with V-8 or V-10, same with Bentley. Porsche offers 4-6-and 8 and 10 versions. Ferrari seems to cover all the bases too. Most all auto manufacturers offer different engines in similar cars to address different marketing niches.

Viper already offers Verts and Coupes, ACR and SRT models. Traditionally they have the same engine in everything the offer, but no reason in the future the should not consider other offerings. I expect that someday they will also offer automatic options, as well as superchargers.

I am on my 3rd Viper, and for me it is no real consideration on the number of cyl's that are there for when I drive. Just want lots of HP, Torque, great handling, and a kick ass driving experience.

Yes, Viper's heritage has been with it's V-10. But things change, and to be successful you need to be open to change.

As long as the V-10 makes sense, and is viable, I believe it will be the basis of future Vipers, but someday...

strykergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And back when the ZR1 came out they said the pushrod v8 was dead. They also said that the c7 would be under 5.0L to keep pace with federal requirements. Food for thought guys.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this negative dialogue all over again, *** some giant super donut eating dude driving 25 mph around the track. Is this what everyone does these days. Surf the net for negative useless bs.... Seriously have any of you commenting actually driven this car.

LOL THis was funny. Sorry. :lmao:

As for the comment at the end regarding smaller Viper engines to come, I call BS. I have not heard even a mention of this through any of my sources....... and I believe my sources. :)

NVMYVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just my opinion but I brought up the viability of our V10 in its current configuration in the post, "Inevitability". Somebody mentioned the current racing iteration of our Viper taking Le Mans. No way! Have you read and seen how the car is performing? The size of the engine had to paired down to 8.0L's and even that was just so it could be grandfathered in and it is highly restricted. It is losing some 200hp from the roadgoing version and hits max HP around 4200rpm's. Not a recipe for success. With that said I posed the question what would be the next engine platform moving forward, if indeed the Viper does move forward? My thought was; a direct injected Hemi V-10 displacing 5.5 Liters that is both supercharged and turbo'd. Bring that to the table with better than current HP/TQ numbers and vastly improved MPG's and you have a high tech, inspired package that will attract buyers that now only look and move on. Yes we prefer the large BA 8.4L V10 that we have but it's days are numbered regardless of what we want to happen. I saw in another thread that they believed the current V10 had at least 10 years. Again no way! If nobody at SRT or Fiat makes the decision to move on the Government is going to do it for them one way or another. As the largest naturally aspirated motor out there it is a target. Somebody will want that feather in their cap saying they made SRT/Fiat get rid of the gas guzzler. The question as brought up before will be dollars for R&D and I agree that a V-8 powered Viper will just not be acceptable in my book.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supercharger and turbos? That will be a lot of additional weight on the front end. The suspension guys will have their work cut out for them. They will need to have a rear transaxle to off set that nose heavy front end with the Turbos and supercharger. Even then near 50/50 may not be possible.

Im no engineer but I think maybe a more viable option that allows the Viper to keep its porportions and its V10 heritage would be a high revving naturally aspirated DI V10 [5.0L - 5.5L] that makes about 700hp/450-500tq in an all aluminum chassis, with a weight of about 3000lbs max or less. The only way they can make the smaller displacement and thus less torquey engine feel like the current big cube monster is to lose a lot of weight imho. Obviously any major changes from the current and past iteration will be polarizing lol. But sometimes change is necessary even if its because of governmental madness.....er mandates.

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taking away the 8L V10 would make it another car. Why is this even up for conversation/ debate?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang