New season look.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I got a great deal on a set of BBS wheels and tires, Going for the race look so thought I would brighten up the rubber with a bit of paint :)
Please note, car is up on Axle stands so ignore the wheel gap ;)

BBS_Wheels_002.JPG

BBS_Wheels_001.JPG

Tires are old PS 1s so I will not be pushing the car on these, but I intend to use the rears for some burnouts and test out my new Unitrax Halfshafts :D
What do you think?

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great ...would love to see some more color pics of the whole car at different angles though....what sort of mods have you done?

OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coor, don't know where to start :D

In the 6yrs of ownership Ive done a few things :D
Graphics to replicate the 92 car from the 2000 ALMS
Woodhouse Engine and Transmission mounts
Ipsco Billet transmission cross member
Hurst Shifter
MGW Cue ball shift knob
Aluminium brushed door sills.
Aluminum race pedals.
Baer Eradispeed Drilled and slotted rotors and hats
Rebuilt all brake calipers, new rubber seals and dust boots.
Toms 40mm brake upgrade on rears and rear caliper covers.
Custom Brake fluid self bleeding recycle system on front calipers. (thanks to Woodhouse)
Lowering spring caps on OEM shocks, All shocks adjusted.
All engine pulleys changed to Ipsco Billet pulleys.
Front and rear Tow hooks.
Flip up 7 inch single din GPS Head unit, rear view camera.
Removable Aluminum Front splitter.
Clear side markers, (thanks to King snake) :2tu:
MGW Glove box with CUP HOLDER :D
MGW Ash tray.
MGW AC knobs.
MGW Tilt steering wheel Knob.
Side splitters,
Autoform 4 Blade rear diffuser.
5 point Team Tech race Harnesses.
Northwind 1 inch seat lowering kit.
K&N Cone air filters and Chrome smooth tubes.
Rear wing
Roof scoop
Full De-cat to Bellanger Rear exit system (soon to be changed to side exit) ;)
Unitrax Half shafts.
Oil drain plug fitted to rear Diff.
Ipsco stainless brake lines.
Ipsco Sump pan baffles

Other mods in hand are,
Dash, door handle trim and centre console trim and lower front window cowl is currently out of the car (going to be Carbon dipped)
Belanger Headers (sitting in the garage waiting to go on the car)
Autoform Roll bar, (needs modding, with additional triangular side bars) to be installed.
Might be some bodywork mods too (depending on $ funds) Plan is to add Autoform centre louvers to hood, and am working on a custom fascia to replicate the Le mans center lights with Lexan glass covers.
Have ordered a S2000 Engine start Button which I plan to install where the cigarette lighter goes and move cigarette lighter into rear glove box.
Ipsco Anti toe bracket kit also on order :)
Phew, that about covers it at the moment :D
Engine to be looked into at some point, but its fairly stock ;)

Last edited:

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a white letter fan, but I can appreciate the racing motif. How old are those Pilot Sport ZPs?

OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How old are those Pilot Sport ZPs?
Let's put it this way, the wheels and tires came from a Totaled car, the reason the car was salvaged was because of the tires ;) This is what happened to the Viper, only diffrence is, it was at night and the viper was going a little faster and there was no crowd ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raW7Q8rBAe8&feature=youtu.be

So I know full well massive respect is needed, And all I intend to do with these tires is burn them up. I have a full set of PS2s on my other wheels which will be for my main use on the road :)

OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their really easy to clean, I have fully cleaned the wheels inside and out because I wanted to carefully inspect them before I put them on the car, they are lacquered so just spray on wheel cleaner, rinse off and wipe down, the finish is really nice.
My CCW Classic wheels with the black inserts are much harder to clean ;)

One thing I have noticed is the BBS Wheels seem much heavier than the CCWs
I will weigh the two to compare and post back.

OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For this experiment all I have used is a tire marker crayon, its sort of waxy, not really paint and it seems you can wipe it off if you don't like it. For a more permanent look I have bought a brush on small can of white upholstery paint. I will use that when this wears off.

I finally got the car back on the ground last night, oh boy its much lower! Ive not even opened up the Garage door this year, our weather has been horrid here :(

Im hoping I will be able to get the car out of my access drive onto the street, because of the road to sidewalk camber I might have to use planks to bridge the gap!

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great :headbang: I've always liked the white letter look. Not sure why it went away, as it used to be quite popular. I used to do that with a special white tire marker that I bought at my local auto parts store. Not sure if these are still sold these days.

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
like an essay, the sides of your GTS mate!! :rolaugh: :eater:

OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Torqued up the suspension bolts and nuts early evening after work, there was a car meet on tonight at the 'Ace Cafe' in London, the forecast rain had not appeared so I chanced it out! :D

Managed to get the car out onto the road without using the wooden planks I had set aside ;)

Then drove into Downtown Central London for a cruse around, REALLY COOL EVENING, Followed loads of times by the Police, but it was all OK. Hell they just wanted to see the car :D No pics yet im afraid, but my son was filming lots of it on his mobile phone. Downside was the music choice, I had to listern to while driving!

Oh, the new unitrax Halfshafts do seem to make the rear wheels spin very well :D

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stop talking LOL..... should of called me mate i was out and about last night also.... i'm only 40mins from the ace.....
PS cold weather was great for the roe..... Think i need new rears...​

OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fine, I put the front splitter on yesterday, managed to avoid the speed ramps and the car seemed OK. :2tu:

I had sort of forgotten how loud this thing is! Shock Horror, the other half actually came out in the car with me, she was not impressed with the noise, fumes, or my driving when I dropped the car down 2 gears and put the peddle to the floor :D There were screams coming from the passenger seat and white knuckles holding onto the seat and door handle :D

I do now have to pick roads that are fairly flat, I stopped at a gas station and could not use the exit ramp as there was too much camber between the ramp and road, so had to back out of the garage the same way i entered.

OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you race it?
Everywhere :D

In all honestly, its too loud for UK Tracks (since I decatted it)

I have done one Track day with the car at Silverstone, it was a mixed bunch of cars and I was not comfortable with the small lotus's nipping around me on the corners.

I do a lot of charity Track days giving rides around the Top Gear track and monies raised go to the Children's Trust Hospital. I also do some Hill climbs in the car, these are fun because you don't have to worry about other drivers, its just you and the hill :) Also do charity rides for the returning Troops at a local Military Hospital.

I took the car to the Le mans classic last year and got to Drive the car on track for 3 fast parade laps! It was a dream come true :dance:

I value my car too much to do full on track days, I could not bear the thought of coming into contact with another car on track,
I could not afford the repair bills!

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you're having fun with it :2tu:
Does England not have any emissions testing since you're running your car without cats?

OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a yearly Vehicle test, emissions are also tested ;) Normally when I take the car in to my friendly garage all work stops on other cars :)

Last year the car would not hold the emission test and the car was due to fail, the mechanic simply pulled the probe from the exhaust and put it in another cars exhaust pipe to get the car to pass :D No Kidding :2tu:

OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great, only been out in the car twice so far this year, went into the garage today to find a flat rear tire with a screw in the middle of it :( Must have happened on my way home :(

More expence!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21