New Startech Rims (pics)

2002graphiteviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone here know how I can get a hold of the Viper emblem center caps for rims?

I recently purchased a set of Startech's and I think the center cap with a ST on it looks fugly...

Any ideas...?

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pic's of Glen's new rims!

79glens_startechs_1.jpg

79glens_startechs_2.jpg

OP
OP

2002graphiteviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks - this also implies that I have my stock rims/tires up for bids... They have about 3k miles on them - and of course they were fairly babied since I received the car with 4 miles on it...

Anyone interested in my stocker rims/tires? Send me an email if you are before i put them up for auction...

Brad_Milde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that people that don't like 20-inch rims have problems. Those look un-friggin-believable!!! I'm drooling. A lot of people can say they have a Viper, but not a lot can say they have a Viper on dubs.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2002graphiteviper,
Your car looks awesome! Did you get those directly from Startech, or through a dealer? What did they set you back?

OP
OP

2002graphiteviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dealt directly with Startech... (eliminated the middle man) - they arrived almost immediately - with NorthWest airline stickers on them...

They set me back about $10k. And before any one else asks - there is no rubbing, the ride is a tad rougher with 50lbs pressure, it finds the groves in the road a little easier, take offs and corners seem about the same and the speedo is about 4mph off...

It is very strange - I thought that car got attention before... I bet you almost every time i take it out, someone asks specifically about the rims and if they are 22's or 24's... Sadly I have to just say they are 20's...

Haven't seen these on anything else but a blue/white and a black one. Was curious how polished would look - but with my graphite and these - I like 'em just the way they are...

And the best part was accidently burning all the paper stickers on the treat from the new PZeros... Opps - sorry neighbors...

mystic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks as though there is more room for bigger rims. Has anyone ever put a rim bigger than 20" on a Viper? I'm not sure how well the traction would be but d*mn it would look good
wink.gif
Also, why didnt you go with HRE? They will make a rim in that size, plus they are fairly cheaper...

Dave

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glen
The wheels look great! I have a set on my Yellow 01 RT/10 but I was told to put 40# front and 44# in the rear. Who told you to use 50? I thought my ride was rough!

BTW Maybe MGW could make some center caps for our wheels? How about it?

Andy

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
now you just need a good ole set of stoptechs with 14.2 inch rotors to fill up some of the empty wheel..

looks good!

- eddie -

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2002graphiteviper:
I dealt directly with Startech... (eliminated the middle man) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glen, as a good PartsRack Customer like you (should) know, you would have saved about $600 here....snd Id have taken your rims in trade!

$600 Saved aint much on $10K rims/tires, but it would have bought 4 new rotors !!!!

Y2KACR

VCA Member
Reaction score
Do you have any idea of how much each rim weighs? Do you save any unsprung weight over standard rims by using the Startechs? They look great by the way!

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The same Pirelli's. The side wall information is the MAX pressure for the tire. When I went to Brabus, Felix said to inflate to 40# front, 44# rears. You might want to call them to confirm.

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gtsviper:
Glen
The wheels look great! I have a set on my Yellow 01 RT/10 but I was told to put 40# front and 44# in the rear. Who told you to use 50? I thought my ride was rough!

BTW Maybe MGW could make some center caps for our wheels? How about it?

Andy

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am in for some MGW Center caps with Viper Logo.

I was going to get another set from ST and send to MGW and have George engrave the viper snake head logo on each and repolish. Just have not got around to doing it, working on gettng my car ready for S/C and other upgrades.

My tires say 50 PSI on side. What tires do you have?

Shakin Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man those Startech wheels are just about as perfect a fit you can get on the Viper. And the appearance, to me, of the Startech wheel with the Viper is best combo I have seen.

Let me see, whatever 02 GTS I end up buying I will now need another 9 to 10K.

Well, I now have mod fever without even owning a Viper. Talk about pathetic.

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by So Cal Viper:
Glen,

I just got my wheels back from getting them chromed and OMG do they "Bling-Bling"... those big flat parts of the spokes are literally blinding when the sun hits them. I do think for your graphite color the stock color of the wheels looks great. When they were clean, I liked them on my car too. The main reason I chromed them was because of the dusting problem. I put the 4 wheel StopTech Big Brake kit with drilled rotors they look really sharp with the wheels, a little less dust but still noticeable. I need to see if GBC makes pads for the StopTech's. I just took some pics today, unfortunately I don’t have the software to download them to my comp… as soon as I do I’ll post.

As for the center caps I’d like to try and find someone to make ones that will fit with the Viper logo not the word Viper if you have an interest in that let me know and maybe we can get a better deal getting them made for more than 1 set.

John

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John,

How much did it cost to chrome the startech's and post some close up pics of the chromed startech's.

I want to chrome mine also, already have a chip and scratch in one rims lip, but I am hesitant, startech tried this with there prototype rims that you see in their adds and had problems with it peeling and such, that is why they only come in Briliant silver painted.

I am up for some viper logo center caps. Do you want me to follow with George at MGW after VOI or do you want to.

JayU

c2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like there is a new wheel epidemic up in Twin Towns.
Glen they look great as does Geralds when can I expect pics of Jamies new wheels? Jerry in Owatonna.

OP
OP

2002graphiteviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much like your only mod being the A/C knobs?

The truth be known Jerry - Gerald and myself are builidng a 99 TR/10 with all of our left over "stock" parts... It looks very similar to Jamie's avatar!!!!

And Jamie, I'll back it up by two quote from a recent show, by two hot women:

1.) "Oh my god, I think my ******* are getting #$@"
2.) "I would armor-all your entire car with my #$@'s if given the chance"

Mike is my witness - we almost died when we heard it...

Jerry, due to strict budgeting (wife wants carpeting) - Jamie has been forced to sit quietly by as Gerald and myself go crazy... She did give him a secluded budget though - he got a car cover last week.

It'll be a long winter Jamie - but you should be able to muster through all the stock parts that are laying around my garage from this winters projects - maybe we can increase your car by a horse power or two...

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:
The car sits at least an inch or so higher.

On a recent drive down to Orlando for a VCA meeting, at one point I was in front of slithrn and Sean Roe's GTS. They were side-by-side and I was about two car lengths ahead. Same cars, both with stock-height suspension. In my rear-view, I could see daylight under (the road surface behind) Jay's car, and I couldn't see anything under Sean's car.

Side-by-side the difference is clear, but in person with the car on it's own, I don't think it's too apparent.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On that same day, before leaving for Orlando, Sean and I measured the difference, it was exactly one inch. Interesting enough, the speedometer is exactly right on, went through speed zone with one of those radar machines showing your speed, It was identical to what my speedo was reading.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte