New Tires???

tonyviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 06 with 20k miles. I just got it a few months ago and it seems like I never get decent traction with my tires. I never drive it when it's wet out. But I cant seem to get the tires to stick even in normal driving. Could I need new tires and should I go get them checked out or is this something normal? I'm not sure if I need new tires or not though because im not sure what new viper tire treads look like. It could just be that it has so much torque that it will be hard to "stick" regardless of the tires??? Anyone have any thoughts or should I just drop the bucks on new tires since these have 20k on them anyway? Thanks guys!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There will be a lot of people that will jump in here but I would say get new tires. You have an '06 and the OEM tires were the pilot sport run flats which if you search here you will find a lot of people say those tires are bad news. I would say get a set of the new OEM tire which is the PS2. Fantastic tires. Give Jon B. from partsrack a call for a great deal on them.

OP
OP
T

tonyviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured id probably put new tires on it. Im in the sw burbs of chicago, i would like to actually go in somewhere to buy the tires and have them put on, as opposed to dealing with someone over the phone. any advice, unless someone out there recommends keeping my tires on for a little bit longer???

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new ps2's give more traction I guess, but that's not going to be day and night. If you don't have any traction at all, I would get a fresh alignment! That's a cheap job, but makes a hell of a difference. (when it wasn't good to start with)

rudedawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just changed my run flats on my 06 to PS2's. The difference in handling and ride is quite noticable.Call John B for the tires, his pricing is great and he'll get them out to you same day. Then you can go to any good tire place to have them mounted and road force balanced.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4