New to the Viper world

tealviper94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all, I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Henry and I live in Tampa Florida and have just purchased my first Dodge Viper. 1994 emerald Green pearl with Tan hides. What an awesome car! I really haven't been able remove the smile from my face yet! but then again I haven't been able to drive the car to its full potential yet, since the car had problems that I was not aware of when I bought it. (Bad Head gaskets and leaking steering rack) :(
But I still love the way this car handles and the looks you get. Looking forward to getting it out of the shop and on the road. Also looking forward in meeting some of the local owners. Anyway I wanted to say hi and I'm glad to be a viper owner. :D

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TealViper94,

Congrats!

The color sounds cool. See if you can get someone to post a pic of it for you here in this thread. I'd do it, but I don't know how! :mad:

Enjoy the ride!

Drive what you want, live like you want, otherwise your living someone else's life! ;)

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Hold on, we go fast!

This site is a MUST read EVERYDAY so you don't miss a thing!

Try the search option, it's great, just remember to use at least 6 months in the "date" field!

See ya!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tampa! Excellent! You might want to change your message title to say so. There's a great group of Viper owners down there, which I get down to each year to hang out with, like Chuck, Gerald, Antonio, etc., who are on this board - you should hook up with them and go out for beer and wings!

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations!!!

Pics are required, your new to the board so we will cut you some slack this time.

Track it, it's an experience that is addictive

Bill

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper community!!! :headbang: Sorry to hear about your problems, but at least you'll get an opportunity to get to know your local Dodge dealership and establish a relationship with them. They'll be an important asset down the road.....oh, and we DO need pics. That's sounds like an awesome color!!!! :2tu:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the fold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(might need surgery to get rid of the permanent smile!) :D

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the Viper purchase. I looked at a 95 in the colors of yours before I bought my Red 94. They are beautiful colors and look great on the Viper. Sorry to hear about the problems, maybe the seller will help contribute to the repai costs? I'm sure you will enjoy many hours of *******/windowless driving :D . Be prepared these cars will definitely draw attention. Good luck, and take the time to drive slowly at first before finding out what she will do, these cars can definitely get the best of you if you are not careful. :2tu:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Henry. I'm going to Sebring Dec 13 if you wanna come along and see what you got yourself into.

WildBill beat me to it but I'll second it - TRACK IT!!!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Henry,
Before you get the head gaskets changed, if you haven't already, make sure you get the scoop on the new type. They won't cause you trouble in years to come.
There may be some of the old type still around and you don't want them.

Welcome to the Viper board. Lot's of info here. You won't stump these guys.

OP
OP
T

tealviper94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW! :shocked: you guys are awesome! what a response. I dont know how to post the pictures. if someone can walk me through I would be over joyed to share them with ya. :D
Well lets see!!! how would I know the new type from old? ( Gaskets that is) heck the dealership charged $945.00 for the gasket set. and I didn't even get kissed. :eek: . For that price I hope they are the new type. No the dealership has been great! espeacialy the Service consultant. Trent Workman at Bob Wilson Dodge Tampa. He has helped me out a lot. He's on my Christmas list now!
Did I hear someone mention BEERS AND WING"S!!! :p Where? when? put me in coach I'm ready!
The trip to (ahh,trying to remeber) Sebring? on the 13th. I would have to talk to the Boss(wife) to see if we(She) has plans for me. But that sounds great!
Let me get back to you.
With the little amount that I have driven the car. I have babied it, Ive seen too many vipers on ebay with salvaged titles and too many wrecks in the body shops. SO I'M Taking it very slow right now. This car will be my daily driver to and from work. rain and all! anyway Thanks again for the warm welcome and let me know how to post the pic's and look forward in meeting you all.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to God's country. Join the Viper Club of America, keep the wheels straight while pressing the accelerator, and watch out for all of those wild women!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You didn't say how many miles it had. If it has the original tires you should change them. They weren't very good new and they'll be even worse after 9 years.

Winghouse, W. Hillsborough Av. Order them naked-blackened-house a fire, you'll never go to ******* again.

Sebring, bring the ol' lady with. She'll have a good time.

OP
OP
T

tealviper94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The car has 13290 miles on it. And qualified for an extended warranty. THANK GOD! I do have the link of the dealer I bought the car from. They still have the pictures of the car on their web site. BUT, I WOULD NOT, AND I REPEAT WOULD NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN. BE WARNED!

http://www.pmautos.com/cars%20sold/0038%20Viper/ext/index.htm

In the description it list the mileage as 13500. but was less when I purchased it.

OP
OP
T

tealviper94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oops, forgot! The tires in the back look like they have been replaced (they dont match the front) The fronts might be originals but not sure. As soon as the steering rack gets replaced then its down for new tires. anyone have suggestions on type of tire to buy. (remeber this will be daily driver rain or shine) But would like to take it to the track. or as some say ah (TRACK IT) if this car is allowed.
But I also have to think about price. ah cheap!
Thanks. :)

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You sold an S2000 to get a viper?

you go boy...

Welcome and enjoy, just don't ask about grasshoppers or soup...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to run Michelins to qualify for ViperDays. You can fit 285 on stock front rims and 345 on the rear, so you might as well go with the 10mm increase if the price is the same as the stock 275/335 sizes.

Happy T-day everyone.