New Viper owner here.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after years of dreaming I finally bought a Viper. 98 GTS. I bought it from Erik Munk who I believe is a member of this forum. I found the car on this website through Tracy Jensen in Manitoba. It was a strange deal as Erik was out of the country in Denmark and sounded very fishy at first but the deal went without a hitch and the car is in my garage. I had been trying to find a AC Cobra but had no luck finding one in Canada. I had always wanted a Cobra and will still get one someday but I have also wanted a Viper. As Tracy stated its like graduating to a rock star. I have a 99 Vette convertible as well and there is no comparison as far as reactions from other drivers. It's crazy. People chase me down, follow me out of towns for miles when I'm driving, come over and take pictures and videos of it when I'm filling up with gas.

Only problem so far is every ricer with a big muffler drives by and revs the crap out of their cars as they go by? What's up with that? They didnt do that with the Vette?

A huge thanks to Tracy Jensen by the way for hours of phone calls back and forth as well as numerous emails etc etc and a ton of advice so far. It's great to finally own a car that I only dreamed of not so long ago. I hope to meet some of you at one of the events that are always planned around the country. We were already invited to Bimidgy this weekend but unfortunately were already booked up with a previous engagement. Hopefully we can make the next one. I'll post a pic once I take a few. It's bright red and has really big back tires...LOL..

Take care.
Sean

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad your transaction went smoothly. It's always nerve-racking buying a long-distance car.

Chad hasn't figured it out yet, but it's his YELLOW wheels that make his car fast. ;)

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean Welcome and Congrats!! :2tu:

This is what I do with the ricers...I carry a pair of "Chop Sticks" with me at all times, when they come up to you, just hold up the sticks and make it look like you eating. Most of the time they will point towards the sky with a finger and drive off. :D

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LMAO.. Thats good. I will certainly steal a pair from the next chinese food place that I eat at... lol. That way I will be armed at all times.

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
U GO NOW!(Ricers) Welcome to Viper central, you think it's fun now, just wait until you feel like you have to drive it everyday in order to get your fix. Heh Heh Heh

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Only problem so far is every ricer with a big muffler drives by and revs the crap out of their cars as they go by? What's up with that? They didnt do that with the Vette?

That's because they weren’t scared of your Vett and they know the bite of a Viper is venomous and now you have been bitten as well! Welcome to the greatest car club and bunch of guys that ever rallied! Let the mods commence….. And you can’t believe everything you read here, Chad is still just a youngling and hasn’t learned that the streak he saw the other day wasn’t lightning it was a YELLOW Viper (the proven fastest;-) :2tu:

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
every ricer with a big muffler drives by and revs the crap out of their cars as they go by?
give them a big smile and a thumbs up. these will be the guys who key your car when your not looking. smile and thumbs makes friends every time.

and has really big back tires...LOL..
haha lol i laughed hard when i read this because I remembered the first time i saw the viper on the road i thought the same thing. "that thing has steam rollers stock!!"

:2tu:

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya when I pulled up to get the Viper the fist thing I noticed when the garage door opened was the tires. They are massive. As far as the ricers go I will always smile if they give the thumbs up and smile. It's the ones that drive by and pretend like you're not there and then rev the engine as they go by. Annoying. The guys that are hilarious are the mini van guys. They are just cool. They'll just pull up beside me and give the thumbs up and grin ear to ear. Funny

Falconeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your new car Sean!
I'm glad we could make the deal as fast and smooth as we did :2tu:

Have fun in the Viper world!
Erik

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Erik.

Nice car in your pic under your name...LOL.. Mind if I borrow it? ha ha.. Thanks again for all the help. Keep in touch and dont be a stranger. This seems like a great site with a good group of guys. Got any pics of the Viper in front of an F-18 or any cool shots like that, that only you would be able to get? Talk to you later.

Sean

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Glad I could bring you together on this wonderful car.
Welcome to the Viper world Sean. I will be looking forward to you and your wife making a trip out to Winnipeg this summer (hint hint).
It's too bad you can't make it to Bemidgi this weekend, because not only will there be 30+ Vipers there, it's also considered one of the best get togethers the MN VCA club has annually.
LOL most vette guys don't understand the transition from average Joe to Rockstar status simply by getting behind the wheel of a Viper. Glad you are enjoying the attention the car is getting. It never seems to get old.
Call me or PM me anytime with questions you may have and I will be more than happy to help out any way I can.
BTW.....I like Kokanee beer....well free beer!

Erik,
Hope all is well in Denmark and if I ever get the chance to go back to the home country, I'll be sure to look up a fellow Dane. Same goes for you, if you ever make it back to Canada, make sure you drop me a line or a PM here.

This is an amazing club and it gives me great pleasure to help fellow Viperholics whenever I can.

Congrats to the both of you :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960