New Viper Owner

Red Devil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a red 1997 GTS. Car has 13k on it and is ALL stock.Should be delivered this weekend with luck. I remember when these cars came out. I saw a red one at the dealer. One of if not the best looking car at the time I have ever seen.When I saw the window sticker I thougt it would never be possible to own one. So to say the least IM excited about it. There is a mountain of knowledge on here for me to learn.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, if you're tires aren't PS2s, it's time to order a set from JonB. Stock Cats need to be replaced with Hi-flow Cats for safety and performance. Smooth tubes and GREEN air filters are "bang for the buck" modifications of the highest order while merely copying the ACR parts/stock.

Yes, Corsa, headers and Roe supercharger are needed if you're an adrenaline addict.

Congrats

Ted

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everybody has friendly advise, but that should have been one of the things you look forward to and expect as a member of VCA. Anytime you have a question there will be many ready to give you sage advise, and it is a God send at times. You will hear it time after time "respect the torque", "attend Viper days", and when in doubt "the Wizzard knows". If you need it - the sponsers have it. Good luck, enjoy, and welcome aboard.:drive::2tu:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're in for the ride of your year. Maybe someone with a yellow one will take you for the ride of your life. (Dodge made yellow the faster models :lmao: )

Anyhow sign up for VCA and enjoy the forum. Loads of information here.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!!

Paint you hood vents. It will increase you HP & reduce engine temps. Don't mind Dave. He's just trying maintain his advantage.

:needpics:

OP
OP
R

Red Devil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm white hood vents.lol Dont have the car yet. Pics will follow.Should have it monday or tuesday. But hey its red.lol
Car spent most of its life in florida. Now in Chicago and headed for Lousiana. Thanks all.

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh yes red you will love it as i do mine.have fun and welcome

OP
OP
R

Red Devil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper got here Tuesday afternoon after being on open hauler for 25 hrs in the Rain. Could not even see out the windows. Washed it and LOVE it!!!! Looks like a NEW 1997!!!How do I post some pics??

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For pics go to ImageShack® - Image Hosting, click browse, choose photo from your computer and highlight - left-click 'open'.

checkt eh box for 'change size' and choose 600x800 from drop down menu.
Left click 'upload' and wait for it to upload.

After upload go to lower half of page and uncheck "include details". Left click on top link line to highlight. Rightclick for drop down menu and choose 'Copy'.

Go to your VCA post and place cursor where you wnat the picture to show, then right click and choose 'paste'. When you click "Post Quick Reply" the pic will upload to the post.

Ted

V

Venomiss

Congratulations!!!
Here is a tutorial of how to load pictures on this site.
http://forums.viperclub.org/2398327-post25.html
If you ask real nice in a PM the moderator Big-n-Italian might be able to help you too.
Guests here have less space available for photos than VCA members.

Hopefully you will join the VCA and get your Viper in your avatar!

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to have you! I remember my first week of Viper ownership too. I turned my car sideways on rock hard original tires (8 years old!) and quickly got JonB's phone number for new PS2s. Then some tubes. Soon after, the cats.

Basically I followed RTTTTd's prescription!

Joining VCA allows you MANY advantages beyond the small fee.

You're gonna love that car. Cool that you got the color you remember as the one that first caught your eye.

OP
OP
R

Red Devil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got some pics up on the gallery in 97 GTS photos. It is still raining here so they are from inside.If someone could post them here feel free.lol

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32