New Viper owner

red06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys-And Gals- Bought my first Viper,2006 Convert, I worked for Chrysler Corp. For 31 yrs., When i saw the first 1993 at the Plant family day, I knew i would have one someday,
Here is where i need some help, My window sticker says to ship "Special Vehicles"-----Sold to: Daimler Chrysler Special Account/Corp Merch/ Cash-I was told this was a Show car, on display at Who knows where,
Car has 3900 miles, but looks like there is a little more wear and tear than that? Perfect interior, Engine compartment like new, I am presently detailing it, Someone drove it in the rain? Found a 2 foot branch
under the aluminum belly,Chrysler dealer ran my VIN, no repairs. no service,only 1 outstanding recall"emission decal" Carfax was excellent-Auto check was Excellent, Any of you Pro's know what "Chrysler Special Account" means? -Unless its a Lemon buyback. Thanks.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what causes sticks and weeds under the belly pan. :omg: My car has had that a few times. It comes from the gas pedal -and a driver with too much enthusiasm. ................others will say it was a deer, or the tires, or the sun, or the moon, or the hot ******* the corner, .................for me, it has always been the gas pedal.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys-And Gals- Bought my first Viper,2006 Convert, I worked for Chrysler Corp. For 31 yrs., When i saw the first 1993 at the Plant family day, I knew i would have one someday,
Here is where i need some help, My window sticker says to ship "Special Vehicles"-----Sold to: Daimler Chrysler Special Account/Corp Merch/ Cash-I was told this was a Show car, on display at Who knows where,
Car has 3900 miles, but looks like there is a little more wear and tear than that? Perfect interior, Engine compartment like new, I am presently detailing it, Someone drove it in the rain? Found a 2 foot branch
under the aluminum belly,Chrysler dealer ran my VIN, no repairs. no service,only 1 outstanding recall"emission decal" Carfax was excellent-Auto check was Excellent, Any of you Pro's know what "Chrysler Special Account" means? -Unless its a Lemon buyback. Thanks.

If it was a show car then perhaps it was on display at auto shows etc. Either way sounds like you have a great car! Join the club and take advantage of all the benefits memberhshp has to offer. You could post in "The Grail Trail" (once you've joined) forum. Herb Helbig was one of the head engineers on the Viper program. He may be able to give you some insight into what you're asking about. https://www.viperclub.org/join/ :D

Poor Richard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RED06 welcome, membership is well worth it now that you are an owner rather than a wanter......good luck!

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your new ride ! On a viper the front wheel picks up rocks and chips the sills, therefore makes it look like more wear and tear on it, every year when I do the oil change I remove the aluminum pan there all kinds of rocks to clean which is normal.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations!
If it were a buy back, It should show up on your Carfax and in the dealerrs database. I wouldn't doubt it was a show car that was used for promotional purposes.
Where are you located? We have a great group of owners in Northern Indiana. If you are close by, let me know and I will introduce you to some of the greatest Viper enthusiasts you will ever meet.
Sounds like you had a prepurchase inspection done. Nothing in your post would cause me to be alarmed or concerned. Join the VCA and enjoy your Viper!

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
red06, congrats on your new viper! "Special vehicles" could be an auto show car, or a SRT Experience-Skip Barber car. Since you have a dealer friend that can run the vin in the Chrysler system, check to see where it was shipped to and who did the dealer prep. If it was prepped in MI probably a auto show car. If it was prepped by a dodge dealer in FL it's a driving school car.

OP
OP
R

red06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your replies, Here is what i found out about the car from the previous owner, This could all be BS. Car was in the 2006 Detroit auto show, I googled hundreds of photos from that year,
only a Coupe, no convertible, After the show, went back to Connor assembly, Was on display? Employee purchased the car, Flipped it[money wise] To a fella in Ohio-He sold it to a fella in Rochester NY, Who trailered it home, I purchased it from him as he wanted a 57 chevy that his family could go to shows in. Dealer says car was sold as of May 2006, The car is presently in my Small Garage, pix are no more than a door and fender,Can not get the distance for a good shot, We have a 1973 duster 340, A 1979 Corvettte[wifes] that are in the large garage, How would i load a pix[I have a shot from the owner] that i could post. Thanks-Joe

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratrs on the car, it was probably a SRT experience car, or maybe since it had other owners one of them put the "branch" in the car, anyway enjoy it, and change the tires!!!.. for safety.:D

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! Contact Chuch Tator at Tator's Garage. He can help you with the history of your Viper. He's in South Salem, NY. FYI. 914-763-3136

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte