New Viper vs New Vette at NY Auto Show...

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me understand this correctly. The new 2013 C7 is "cheap", but your '96 is an exotic?
You seem to have an issue with corvettes.

I would take his 96 GTS anyday over the C7. And I do think that the former is exotic and the latter is just a sports car. just my opinion.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would take his 96 GTS anyday over the C7. And I do think that the former is exotic and the latter is just a sports car. just my opinion.

Ditto. Although something very unusual happened for me. Yes, I'll say it, the Vette grew on me. Usually, if there's something that bugs me about a car, it gets worse over time. As with the Camaro, a kinda liked it at first, but now it looks boring. The Vette is an epic fail at the rear end, though. I just can't stomach it. But the rest of it grew on me, I now like the front and side. But as others have said, I value exclusivity as well. The Vette will be so common. IF they fixed the rear end, I would congratulate Chevy on a job well done.

OP
OP
J

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT may have something in the works; possibly within a few years; to compete against the lower end C7 without destroying The Viper Heritage by coming out with a cheaper Viper....And I'm betting it's gonna be the new Barracuda!!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT may have something in the works; possibly within a few years; to compete against the lower end C7 without destroying The Viper Heritage by coming out with a cheaper Viper....And I'm betting it's gonna be the new Barracuda!!

Ralph said in that interview the other day no Cuda but he's got something coming for his friends at Ford with a reworked Chally.

OP
OP
J

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah..I saw that interview also. My understanding was that Ralph said he was building a new Challenger to answer the New Camaro LS-1, and that he didn't want the Cuda to be reworked Challenger. I believe Ralph said that the framework wasn't ready yet to release the new Cuda. He said maybe in a few years it will be released. So I was assuming Ralph wanted the Cuda to be it's own unique separate model possibly as an answer against the lower end Vettes....Dunno?...Guess we'll wait and see...

Last edited: