New Viper vs Vette supercar battle?

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last night while watching 'battle of the supercars' it advertised an upcoming Viper vs Vette contest on next show. The Viper wasn't the same one they used before as this one was red and black. Anyone know if they are doing a new competition because the first Viper was green if i remember correctly.I hope they do it again as i believe the viper got a raw deal the first time around.:2tu:

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I would like to see a stock ZR1 vs. a stock ACR, no 1000 TT bull****! And I would like to see them change the format a bit, run the same race twice with the driver's switching cars, that would add a lot to the show b/c it would not only validate the better car but the better driver as well. What do you guys think?:2tu:

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I would like to see a stock ZR1 vs. a stock ACR, no 1000 TT bull****! And I would like to see them change the format a bit, run the same race twice with the driver's switching cars, that would add a lot to the show b/c it would not only validate the better car but the better driver as well. What do you guys think?:2tu:

sounds good to me :drive:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They did have a Stock ZR1 Vs a Stock SRT-10 that was orange. The Viper lost, mostly due to the gearing.

Bruce

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The top of the line Vette against the Average production Viper? How about the stock ACR against the stock ZR1? Sorry guys, I've never seen the show, but it sounds like they are in line with most of the other anti-Viper media to me.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The top of the line Vette against the Average production Viper? How about the stock ACR against the stock ZR1? Sorry guys, I've never seen the show, but it sounds like they are in line with most of the other anti-Viper media to me.

Every comparo that they have done fits pretty much the same criteria. I don't think thye are anti-anything, rather than have common sense to match similar cars/categories...

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The show with the ZR1 is with an orange Viper that looks somewhat red at certain angles. The green Viper you saw was pitted against the Ford GT.

Oh, and don't bother watching the vette vs. viper episode. You will just get ticked off like the rest of us who saw it.
:D

Last night while watching 'battle of the supercars' it advertised an upcoming Viper vs Vette contest on next show. The Viper wasn't the same one they used before as this one was red and black. Anyone know if they are doing a new competition because the first Viper was green if i remember correctly.I hope they do it again as i believe the viper got a raw deal the first time around.:2tu:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the show with the ZR1, which was supercharged vs the natural aspirated SRT. Not exactly fair, so let them do top of the line Vette, whatever it is, vs the ACR-X and see how things go.

Funny, watched the 1000hp Mustang Shelby against a similar custom setup on a Camaro. Tough to get the Mustang's HP on the ground, burning up tires all over the place! Unfortunately, the Mustang still uses the somewhat dated solid rear axle which I think hurts in any handling competition.

Agree with above, to be fair, format should switch drivers for each segment to allow for differing driving skills...but then, the show wouldn't be 1/2 hour!

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ZR1 vs ACR would be a better match. I'd like to throw the ACRX at it but then the complaint would be street-legal vs purpose-built track-only racer.....

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR is going to be slower in the high speed runs due to the downforce issues. The Coupe beat the ZR1 on the track with no Aero package. They just needed to run a 2010 coupe against the ZR1.

Bruce

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the show with the ZR1, which was supercharged vs the natural aspirated SRT. Not exactly fair, so let them do top of the line Vette, whatever it is, vs the ACR-X and see how things go.
!

I'm not a fan of that argument, then you get the Corvette guys saying 'not fair, V10 v V8', but I agree that the episode picked the General's best vs. a base Viper. ACR v. the ZR1 would be much better. I think an ACR-X is a little much, it's not street legal, better there would be ACR-X v. C6R, and I fear the ACR-X would get pwned.

ViperCLKGTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How about get rid of both annoying, whinny @$$ drivers and get some real drivers in there?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An SRT, a Coupe and an ACR.
vs.
A C6, a Z06 and a ZR1.

Enjoy it while you can because in 2013 there won't be much difference.