new viperhaulic / broket rivets

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
new viperhaulic / broken rivets

hello all. im a new viper owner in rhode island. 1995 rt/10. you cant kick the grin off my face when im driving it. i have tons of questions but many are being covered in these forums. i need to buy some manuals (dont even know where the battery is located). one thing i cant find anything about is some broken/missing rivets that are located on either side of the car's side ferring in the very front by the engine bay. two are gone and one is about to pop. has anyone had this problem? im just going to put in some new rivets unless anyone has a better suggestion. i look forward to meeting many of you in the future.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet car and the wheels look great. Welcome aboard, join the VCA, and I don't have a clue in regrads to the rivets. :)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome ViperJay---yesssssssss, BLACK 95 RT/10!!! Way to go!! Not sure about your rivets...the battery in the '05 is in the trunk. Awesome looking RT--good to have you onboard! ~juli~

V

Venomiss

Welcome and congratulations on your Viper!
Post some pictures of your problem with the rivets and somebody might chime in.
Try and use the search feature at the top of the page for information on your 95.
This link may help you:

http://www.neviperclub.org/

It is the Viper Club for New England who I think is the closest to you.
They may help you meet other Viper owners in your area. Enjoy!
:drive:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:beer::hello: & WELCOME!
:drive:safe und you will never loose the big :D

Spike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your Gen 1. I believe you are talking about the rivets in the side sills. If so, they corrode/break due to the expansion/contraction of the sills themselves. I don't think they will cause you any problems if they are missing, but the sills remove fairly easily. Just don't overtighten the sheet-metal screws when re-attaching the sills. The rivets are used to hold some shielding in place on the insides of the sills.

Spike

newelly

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The battery is in the left rear..you have to remove the rear tire..then 3 screws on lip of inner fender..then four bolts under the fender cover two from the top..then there are two push in plugs that hold the inner fender cover on..after removing the fender cover take out the battery hold down bolt (from the bottom) undo the red and black terminals then slide battery out...reverse for install takes about 40 mins or so....congrats on the car looks sharp

OP
OP
ViperJay

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
funny you say that. i just bought a used service manual on ebay for $38. original and in good condition. im moving now!!

OP
OP
ViperJay

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
im told my links dont work so lets try this:
this is where the rivet is missing. its the white dot.

here is a close up

and this is the one ready to pop out

thanks for the help

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks like a rivet that would be used to hold the heat shielding into the side-sill...the sills (at least in the Gen-2) are not riveted on, but we don't have a rivet at all in that location. You might pull your sills off when you have a chance and take a look around in there.

She's a beauty though. Congrats!