New Web Page

OP
OP
R

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tony,
There doesn't seem to be any problem with the shifter boot bunching up. The recess that it fits in is deep enough that the boot just sits lower in it.
You must be registered for see images

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Tony,
I added one of Rich's shifters to my snake. No problems with the boot, or anything else for that matter. The shifter action is great- very precise feeling. I like it more every time I go for a drive.

Here's what it looks like on a later model Viper:
You must be registered for see images

One note on Gen II installation:
* Remove the center console to gain access to the boot tabs. Trust me- it is much easier. (the later models seem to have more tabs)

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rich,

Can this be used in conjunction with an SVSi short shifter? Do you think there would be anything to gain? My first impression is probably not, but I would love to hear your feedback.

Brad

OP
OP
R

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Brad,
I honestly can't tell you the answer to your question, I don't know.

I'm not sure how the upper shifter shaft attaches on the SVSi shifter or how long the shaft is on it.

The B&M Ripper shifter I looked at while at VOI6 had a solid steel upper shaft which looked shorter than stock.
I believe that's part of the reason they have a shorter throw than stock.

That's one of the things that gave me the idea to make these shafts. It's an affordable alternative to replacing the entire shifter.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I installed one of Rich's shifters 2 weeks ago and I really like it.
The feel is much firmer than the stock shifter, it only took about 30 minutes to install, and cost less than 30 bucks ,what a deal.
I recommend it!!
Thanks Rich,
Cheers,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang