News Flash: Corvette deemed unsafe to carry most of it's passengers

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At 6'2" and 255 lbs, I don't have a problem getting in and out of Vipers, neither is it harsh on me to sit in one. I find that the Viper (any year) has the best car seats on the market. I drove an Elise once, and it was doable for me. I wouldn't want to drive one all the time, but it was doable.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At 6'2" and 255 lbs, I don't have a problem getting in and out of Vipers, neither is it harsh on me to sit in one. I find that the Viper (any year) has the best car seats on the market. I drove an Elise once, and it was doable for me. I wouldn't want to drive one all the time, but it was doable.

We also love the Viper seats...they way they hug ya so you don't even MOVE when cornering hard. The Elise is such a delightful handling car~! Apples to oranges, but still enjoyable!!! :2tu: ~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have a Camaro and a '68/'69 Chevelle?? VERY nice...yep I see you like red w/black stripes!!! BLACK stripes will ALWAYS make your cars FASTER....LOL!! Thanx for the pics! I am enjoying them~~~juli

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a little variety of toys, and am looking for a Viper coupe to add next. I'm not a brand loyalist, I'm a performance car enthusiast. The only Dodges I've owned have been trucks so far though (three of them in the last 3 yrs).

Pics: www.fquick.com/NineBall

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vipermann, nice Mustang! You need a VOI9 coupe to match that car, that would be a nice pair.

They GOTTA have stripes. Nice Chevelle there too. Actually my Mustang has dark turquoise stripes to match the turquoise interior -- kind of my 60s ****-hotrod look.

But when I wanna drive HARD I want a Viper. I feel better just babying the old Mustang, maybe I'll drive it in parades and throw candy or something ... ;)

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if these bikes are deemed unsafe to carry these passengers:

You must be registered for see images

(That's me on the left)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a little variety of toys, and am looking for a Viper coupe to add next. I'm not a brand loyalist, I'm a performance car enthusiast. The only Dodges I've owned have been trucks so far though (three of them in the last 3 yrs).
Pics: www.fquick.com/NineBall

A LITTLE variety?!!! WOWWW, VERY impressive!!! We are not brand-specific either, we are same: performance cars!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the Firehawk!!! They are very rare, we've only seen one around here...and yep, gotta go with SS Camaros. You would absolutely LOVE the Viper then!!!!~~~GOTTA GET ONE~~~~you'll be glad you did!
~juli
***THANX for sharing your pics, and your previous cars are awesome as well**

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like some **** is prepping for another slew of lawsuits. I can see it now, Corvette and Viper get killed off because the poor uninformed owners didn't know that their weight created a potential liability in an accident. Next government mandate, all cars should have a "one ton" suspension and load range "E" tires.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like some **** is prepping for another slew of lawsuits. I can see it now, Corvette and Viper get killed off because the poor uninformed owners didn't know that their weight created a potential liability in an accident. Next government mandate, all cars should have a "one ton" suspension and load range "E" tires.

While I hate lawyers as much as the next guy... I never knew there was a weight requirement for safety in these cars. I don't see how anyone who is an informed owner would know about this. In the many years here, I've never seen it discussed. What would cars like the mini cooper rate?

This might just have to be something car companies start listing on the window sticker.

A funny thought... Driving instructors for the track that are featherweights can command more money now. :D

gringoray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen -

If you haven´t noticed or if you are living under a large boulder in the Utah mountains, the USA - the U - S - A (that´s us by the way), we are the most obese country in the world. That´s right we are the fattest! This is according to CNN, Fox News and the recent edition of the Wold fact Book and from my own personal experiences traveling around the world - this is a true and sad fact and even worse, AWs (American women) are seen outside the US as the most obese women in the world. That said, to those of you reading this thread, and your are obese, you are only hurting yourselves; inside, your arteries are clogging and one day a stroke or heart attack will occur and outside, you look horrible with a non-existant sex life. Please, get off your ass and hit the Gym, walk everyday, move around, eat fruits, veggies, checken, etc.

How about we change the way we look as Americans, then, maybe we can sart to fit into our cars again! :rolleyes:

For heaven sakes, did you see that episode on Discovery about the custom car shop in New Jersey, Will Castro is the owner, and all these fat black dudes, rappers and rich white dudes with zero brains bring their cars in so they can make the seats bigger to fit their fat bodies, ***? Where is the logic here? Before you start spending money and making your vehicle´s seats bigger, why not first join a Gym and watch what you eat? And it´s not getting better ....I don´t have kids and I can´t imagine what the next generation will look like in 50 years.

Heart disease is huge and with the internet, kids are not active anymore, all they want to do is sit in front of a computer and play games. To those of you who have kids, I have two words for you: Good Luck.

Last edited:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weight rating of every car is placed on the drivers side. In the case of the Viper it's on the door itself. On page 84 in my 2000 owners manual, it clearly states
"Rated Vehicle Capacity.......330 lbs. (149kg)" that's up to two occupants with luggage.

The Mini's weight capacity is probably the same or higher than the Viper. People these are specialty cars made to go fast, they are not for everyone. They are the super athletes of the car world, lean and mean. Money will never buy fitness in the human world.

Last edited:

gringoray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen:

My apologies for the negative connotations and tone in my previous post. I would edit my post if I could, but I can't.

Have a nice weekend.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No worries. I will keep on the lookout for some "checken" to eat. Hell of a diet, to state something that does not exist.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolaugh: on the weight restrictions!! 150lbs. At least the auto is on the ground. Just think about filling that airliner with it's weight and balance fiqured on 170 #ers.(per FAA). They now limit the luggage weight. The Feds are now paying for studies and research on obesity. All they would have to do to make most drop pounds would be "whoops, loose weight or you can't fly or by that Vette" Man, I'm too fat guess I can't go.!!:eater: :2tu: