NHRA Bolt in Rollbar for GTS

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to Englishtown last night and got ripped apart by tech inspection for no rollbar. They limited me to over 11.5 and under 135 mph. First run was in the 10's and over 135, they called me up to the tower and gave me the riot act. This was the first time I have ever had a problem at Englishtown with such a strict tech. I hope this is not the new norm as I heard they have a new track manager. They even started to pull apart the install on my teamtech belts. On a good note, I got a chance to test out the new NT05R drag radial on my six spoke srt rim. I was very impressed with the traction. One you heat them up, they stick like glue.

Anyone know of a bolt in NHRA rollbar for the GTS? Looks like I need side bars that are removable. I also want to avoid hacking up the interior. I like the autoform design but I am not sure it has the side bars as on option. Thanks.

Bandit400

OP
OP
B

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, usually if you do it the second time then they boot you off the track for the night. Unfortunately, they also don't give you your timeslip for the run so you dont know exactly how fast you went.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calling PhilC....calling PhilC....

Phil has a SC ACR and runs at E-town a bunch. Has a bolt in roll bar (4 pt) with removable sides. I can't remember the brand or specs but he might. He's at NJMP this weekend but PM him if he doesn't see this.....its at least a datapoint for you.

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Autoform bar is available with removable side bars, either driver's side or both sides. The tech inspectors at my local track where fine with my Autoform bar.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to be a CERTIFYED 10 SECOND BAR (Phils is thats but its more of a CAGE than a hoop ).Mike Napp has his techs cracking down over there.The techs name was not WAYNE PAUL was it.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps To put a bar in that pass es DEFINATELY WILL IN INHIBIT THE INTERIOR.

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had NO issues with my Autoform bar running my 10.47 time. Also the BTR bar is no longer made, I tried. With the side bar mount in my GTS, it does make it a bit more difficult getting in and out but not bad.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it all is going to depend whether the track will want to see a 10 second certification on the bar .At Englishtown DEFINATELY.Over there depending on whose driving the car ect if your deep into the tens in front of thousands of people (sometimes) on test and tune nights driving a Viper (really stands out )they dot the is and cross the ts

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps i just spoke to my buddy whose a Teck over at Englishtown whose ever bar you use MUST have a 10 second cert stamped on it( not to mention ALL of the other saftey features need to run 10s_)on test and tune nights.For private track rentals though different story.

OP
OP
B

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BadGTS,

I believe the Techs name was Scott but there was another burly guy who actually pointed out to him that he should also check for the rollbar. It is ashame that these rules are getting so difficult. I understand the safety aspect but as you said. I may have a rollbar that technically compliant but I need a stamp on it. Who needs to stamp the rollbar? Can you get someone to certify the Autoform rollbar? This is the first time in years that I have been put through the ringer. Previous trips to E-town resulted in no issue even blasting off passes in the low 10's at 140 MPH. They also told me that I need a 9 second license because I went over 135 MPH. I may have to start going to ATCO which is ashame since I live 15 min from E-Town.

Bandit400

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BadGTS,

I believe the Techs name was Scott but there was another burly guy who actually pointed out to him that he should also check for the rollbar. It is ashame that these rules are getting so difficult. I understand the safety aspect but as you said. I may have a rollbar that technically compliant but I need a stamp on it. Who needs to stamp the rollbar? Can you get someone to certify the Autoform rollbar? This is the first time in years that I have been put through the ringer. Previous trips to E-town resulted in no issue even blasting off passes in the low 10's at 140 MPH. They also told me that I need a 9 second license because I went over 135 MPH. I may have to start going to ATCO which is ashame since I live 15 min from E-Town.

Bandit400
Its way different since the Coletta accident.As you know E-Town is a flagship NHRA Track with a ton of exposure .As far as a bar i believe to get the certification its got to be 10 point cage (alot more protevctive than a simple roll bar ).Not to mention even if you were to install(CLUTTER UP THE INTERIOR ) there is alot of other BS Saftey items(because your trapping so high) needed.I grew up in Colys Neck (now live in Monmouth Beach )I am there a few times per year with the mag guys.The next time they rent for a private test your more tham welcome to come and run (I will pm you )in the condition the car is in now.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its way different since the Coletta accident.As you know E-Town is a flagship NHRA Track with a ton of exposure .As far as a bar i believe to get the certification its got to be 10 point cage (alot more protevctive than a simple roll bar ).Not to mention even if you were to install(CLUTTER UP THE INTERIOR ) there is alot of other BS Saftey items(because your trapping so high) needed.I grew up in Colys Neck (now live in Monmouth Beach )I am there a few times per year with the mag guys.The next time they rent for a private test your more tham welcome to come and run (I will pm you )in the condition the car is in now.

For such a know-it-all and someone who talks like they know everyone, you can't even get Scott's name right?

K a l i t t a

Go ahead, have a comeback. You can be my guest and have the last word.... no matter how wrong or full of BS you are.

Enjoy.

:)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how is island for tech issues like this ? i know its not nearly the track etown is, but its another option for ya.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For such a know-it-all and someone who talks like they know everyone, you can't even get Scott's name right?

K a l i t t a

Go ahead, have a comeback. You can be my guest and have the last word.... no matter how wrong or full of BS you are.

Enjoy.

:)
WRONG WHAT exactly DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE GOINGs ON AT ENGLISHTOWN.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BadGTS,

Bandit400
Another idea if you really want to public nights (PM me i call Wayne Paul) to see if you run NT if they will give you a few more runs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala