Nice VIPER gift from Dad

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a nice Viper gift from pops this week. He helped me build/restore some of my first cars so he knows better than anyone how long I have waited to finally be in position to buy a Viper and how much it means to me. As I mentioned in my introduction post a while back I built a garage with getting a Viper in mind last Fall (10 ft ceilings) and am now finishing the inside with the next step being a lift.

I guess he pestered a gas station owner over 10 years ago for these and when he finally pulled them down he gave them to him. Now that I am at the stage where I'm getting the garage ready, he gave them to me the other day. They are made of thick vinyl/plastic sheeting. Got to think of a good way to mount them so they look good and stay preserved. Can't wait to get the up on the wall!

They're big! (42" x 68")

You must be registered for see images

Tara, my fiance and **** assistant/future Viper partner in crime, helping to show the B side! (or "A" side depending what you're looking at!) ;)

You must be registered for see images

(any framing/mounting ideas would be appreciated!)

Jim

OP
OP
J

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
;)
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

We are about to find out if JimK has the sense of humor required to post on here. :2tu: :2tu:

If you were talking about the posters, you might try plexiglass for a poster that big.

Well, I did practically lay a popcorn trail to that punchline in my post. AFTER, I typed it, I actually wondered how long it would take someone to capitalize on it ;)

yeah - I might try plexi if I use a glazing (too big for glass). Was also thinking of cutting some grooves in some '1 by' moulding for the edges to fit into and making a frame that way with just a backing. :dunno:

Jim

OP
OP
J

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You definitely belong here Jim. :2tu::2tu:

I imagine you already have your Viper picked out? :cool:

Buy it soon so you can start to enjoy. :D

Pics soon? :eater:

Yep - I want a 1996/97 B/W GTS - leaning toward 97' now. Looked at a 97' last week but felt it had "stories". Just a gut feeling things werent as they appeared. Anyway - they sold it to an "overseas" buyer the next day so didnt do anymore DD on the car. I need to get the garage finished anyway - floor expoxy'd and a lift. Also thinking about running a gas line to it now so I can install a heater. I want to be able to hang out in the garage once I get the Viper, even in the dead of our IL winters! ;)

Jim

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep - I want a 1996/97 B/W GTS - leaning toward 97' now. Looked at a 97' last week but felt it had "stories". Just a gut feeling things werent as they appeared. Anyway - they sold it to an "overseas" buyer the next day so didnt do anymore DD on the car. I need to get the garage finished anyway - floor expoxy'd and a lift. Also thinking about running a gas line to it now so I can install a heater. I want to be able to hang out in the garage once I get the Viper, even in the dead of our IL winters! ;)

Jim

Great choice, although being a 2 yr. colour combo they will be a little higher price. Check out our classified section. There is a good looking '97 for only $43k that looks like it might be a good deal, or the '96 at BJ Motors with LESS than 1,000 miles.

Trust me, if you can buy now, do it. Get a cover, park the car in the partially finished garage overnight, park it in dad's garage(and you keep the keys), just get the car so you can start to enjoy. Don't miss another nice weekend of cruising. As most Viper owners will tell you, NOTHING compares to cruising in a Viper.:drive: Best sex comes close, but it only lasts for a few minutes. Cruising in your Viper goes on for hours at a time.:headbang:

V

Venomiss

What a nice gift. What about laminating them and including grommets? That's what a fellow member did with his VCA Magazine posters for his garage. Much cheaper that framing and sealed up for the garage.

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats - now onto the Viper and marriage.
Don't forget to nurture your wife's enthusiasm by getting her a Viper for herself as soon as you can. All great hubby's make sure enthusiastic supporting wives are drivers too! :drive:
A His and Hers Viper Family!

OP
OP
J

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats - now onto the Viper and marriage.
Don't forget to nurture your wife's enthusiasm by getting her a Viper for herself as soon as you can. All great hubby's make sure enthusiastic supporting wives are drivers too! :drive:
A His and Hers Viper Family!

ViperGal -

Thats funny - when I started discussing the world of owning a Viper, she said "as long as I bought her an old 60's pink bug".

NOW - she is as enthusiatic as me about Viper ownership and its now morphed into "as long as you buy me an SSG Coupe" (a no stripes stipulation to boot!)

I havent even got into mine and now the goal is 2! ;)

Jim (and Tara! :D )

OP
OP
J

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a nice gift. What about laminating them and including grommets? That's what a fellow member did with his VCA Magazine posters for his garage. Much cheaper that framing and sealed up for the garage.
Venomiss -

Thats another good idea! Then maybe mount it to some hardbaord for rigidity...

Where can you get something that massive laminated?

Jim

OP
OP
J

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HSSSSSS -

I spoke to Bernie about that gem...

Its still a contender but I'd rather get one with a few more miles on it for a whole lot less. Since I want to really drive this car, it wouldnt end up having 900 miles on it for long anyway! :drive:

Jim

V

Venomiss

Jim,
Don't know the area you are in but google up laminating places-then include your city/area.

When I plugged in just laminating places they had some listed for NY where a guy was getting a large map laminated. The quote was for $26 dollars. "31x"71.

Look at any printing places?

Good luck with it and please post pictures when you get it done!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960