No Cats and Straight Pipes - Need Exhaust

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like it says I currently have No Cats, No muffer.... Straight Exhaust.

Loud, Loud, Loud and drone, drone, drone. The drone is the worst plus I will lose my hearing if I don't make a change.

I know there are other threads out there but I wanted to see if anyone else moved from straight pipes and no cats. If so what system did you go with? I will not be adding the cats back.

If I am going to spend the dollars I really do not want the drone and I would like to keep as much horsepower as possible. Note, I love the roar at throttle but cruising is just exhausting :rolaugh:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What year is your viper?
Do you have aftermarket headers?
and what size is your piping?

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have gutted gets and borla. The car came that way. I said i knew the borla would go when i got the car. I had bellanger and random tech in the past and actually was going with the random tech. Sound was good wide open and not annoying drivi g around. Plus the pipes were finished really nice:). However without the cats the borla sounds damn good. Im shocked i normaly dont like the borla but i think im leaving it on! Saving money too! Thats not like me:) this might be my best viper to date. It was Doug Levins 2 owners ago so i trust it:)

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been stated a 1000X before, NO drone and max power = Corsa, end of story. Do a search about everyone's opinions about what they like, but I answered your question.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had straight pipes and I agree, sounded horrible. I got borla mufflers for now and it is decent. I have some Bassani mufflers going on this year but I am not with my car currently. I would go Corsa if I could turn back time~~~

ACR_VP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me know when you have your new setup so I can hear it... I feel the same way and I'm ready to do something about it this summer. No Cats + Belanger Cat Back = drone galore. Love it when I'm on it, but cruising *****.

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
-headers (not sure manufacturer)
-3" exhaust, no cats
-bellenger glass pack mufflers

its so loud and AWESOME! i love it, sounds great.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know every state is different, I'm living in MA..but I am really considering driving without cats this summer with my corsa catback and soon to be installed AmericanRacing Stepped Headers. Along with 708 cam, T&D Rockers and some other things. I'm sure the car would sound amazing without cats, but just how many of you who are catless/straight pipes get pulled over for the car just being too loud? I don't have a front plate on my car like most Viper owners, so I'm just kinda worried going catless is just something else to worry about getting pulled over for lol. Has anyone ever tested their catless car with a decibel meter? As I'm sure police might..

-headers (not sure manufacturer)
-3" exhaust, no cats
-bellenger glass pack mufflers

its so loud and AWESOME! i love it, sounds great.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery