No more Viper after 2010?

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Business Manager at our local Chrysler/Dodge dealership told me a memo came this last week stating that there will be no further production of the Viper past 2010.

I thought this was resolved months ago and that the line would go on? Wasn't there supposed to be a 2012 redesign?

He told me my RT/10 would become and instant collector's car with the end of the Viper and that the value would likely go up big time in the years to come. Personally I would much rather see the car continue to evolve better and quicker year by year!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use the search function. This subject has been beaten to death and pulverized.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he's talking about a "new" memo.

mmmm.... there's been so many posts here about how clueless many dealers are when it comes to vipers I wouldn't take anything too seriously unless there is an official announcement.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. True. No 2011 and the 2012 is "under consideration". It is not clear what those two words mean but Ralph Gilles certainly loves the Viper. He has successfully jump started the marketing of the Viper which was piss poor for years. I give him alot of credit for doing so. The whole automotive world is now chanting Viper! Viper ! Viper! It's great. The excitement is back!! Bravo to Ralph and his merry band of SRT geniuses. If anyone can make 2012 or shorty therafter Generation V Viper happen, it will be Ralph.

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've met Ralph and some of the SRT engineers. I agree with Bob.

The Viper makes money with the only set-back I see being the millions that the Governments charge for crash testing. If a way can be found around that, the Viper is a good finacial idea and pays for itself. Having the fastest road car and bragging rights at many road tracks around the world is also a huge bonus. Those "other guys" that cost 2-10 times as much as a Viper know that Viper ACRs kick their asp and that's gotta hurt.

I think that if you go to the Ferrari and Maserati forums you'll find that they depreciate about the cost of a new Viper ACR before a year is up!

Viper is still the best deal in any car value.

Ted

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Back in 2006, I had a "Manager" at a dealership ask me if I was going to upgrade my 2005 for a 2007. What does that tell you about dealerships?