NO sound from speakers in driver side door???

gtsfe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no sound coming from the driver's side speakers. I took the panel off and looked for any pinching/cuts but didn't see anything obvious. Is there an easy way to troubleshoot this issue? I went from full sound one day to none in that door the next... I have a kicker component set up if that helps.

Well i tested the speakers w/ a AAA battery and they function. The crossover looks good (plus these seem pretty unlikely to fail) but the service manual says to service the head unit. Is there a way to tell if its an open in the wiring before I change out the head unit?

Last edited:

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would run all new wire from the headunit to the door if you can't figure it out easily. That would bypass any factory issues as long as the new wires don't bind up. No harm in new wires anyways :)

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Open the door fully and check the wires sleeved inside the rubber gaiter between the door and car body.
I bet you find a couple of broken ones ;)

OP
OP
G

gtsfe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got in from the garage... and boom! Wires cut right in two... jeez! Now to fix that. I know I saw a write-up on that somewhere...

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feed a new length of wire through the door gater and then attach it to the original speaker wires either side using solder and heat shrink tubeing for a secure fix :)

Or remove the door panel, remove speakers, and run a whole new wire from speakers to the head unit.

Option 1 is the quick fix ;)

OP
OP
G

gtsfe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found 2 other wires cut... So I fixed all three by adding a few inches of wire and heat-shrinking. I know that one of them was the little orange light on the door lock/unlock switch. I wonder what the other one was? :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang