Noise coming from rear of car

Martin Kennedy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got an "03" that was built in January and purchased through WoodHouse (thanks Bill). I have 1,120 miles on the odometer. Within the last 30 miles or so I've noticed a clunking souund coming from what sounds like the driver's side rear. It almost sounds like a shock does when it bottems out. The problem is that it's not consistent. It makes the noise when I drive over some rough spots in the road and other times it dosen't. It dosent appear to be tied to accleration as it happens whem I'm coming to a stop or even some times when I turn.
At fist I thougt the Battery was loose, so I checked it and it was secure. ( By the way, to take the battery cover off you need a torx set)
I've seen the posts on drivetrain and valve repalcements ( mine's part of the valve recall) but don't remember seeing any reference to what I described.
Has ayone out there had this problem? I want to check before I take it to a local dealer (I live in Brownsville Tx.) as their Viper Tech has not been trained on the SRT 10

SMHOD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a minor problem with the metal protecting pan underneath the differential and trunk. It has cheap tin type sound when you close the trunk. It sounds like it has a bunch of rocks in it, but it doesn't. I supposed it is possible you picked up a larger rock and it is caught in the pan. I do not think this likely but it is possible.

Scott