NON track guy wants to modify for looks and sound

Jersey Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
09 SRT Vert. Would like to add high flow cats for sound. Not sure about headers or changing gear ration - advice PLEASE?
What about dressing it up - is there chrome etc avail for engine compartment? Advice PLEASE
Already planning rims and tires - what a decision process that is since it will be 6-7K.
Guidance welcomed - especially if based upon actual experience.
Me - just a street cruiser visiting friends or getting a cup of coffee or any other excuse I can find to take a ride :)
Please -suggest by product maker and model if possible.
What mods would you do if you had lottery money left over?

Attachments

• IMG_4167.jpg
    IMG_4167.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gen 4 mods are limited to Performance exhaust and Venom controller. Those will add sound and 50hp

Ted

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me - just a street cruiser visiting friends or getting a cup of coffee or any other excuse I can find to take a ride :)
Please -suggest by product maker and model if possible.

I recommend Dunkin' Donuts Peppermint Mocha, light on the cream.

Sorry. I'm a ****. I know it. :D

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 1/2" corsa cat back exhaust, 3:55 rear end, KW or Moton shock/springs

Last edited:

FEDBYVORTECH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Drop it for sure. Short shifter, Cross drilled rotors, solid motor mounts so u can rattle ur fillings loose. Super charger. Make sure you finish your coffee before you get in. Sorry thats my wish list.

OP
OP
Jersey Jeff

Jersey Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are a funny **** though - that had me laughing out loud. Not exactly the advice I was seeking but it is actually appreciated - kind of.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For exhaust sound, I only changed the Cats and it made a great improvement without any drone to it.
Stock system has 2 cats per side on a 2 1/2" tube vs 1 High Flow cat on a 3" tube reduced back to 2 1/2"to connect to the stock mufflers. I got the Roe Racing cats but JonB at Partsrack can offer you more choices for a moderate amount. Results are a mean sounding exhaust without being obnoxious, less restriction, more HP and also less cabin heat.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For exhaust sound, I only changed the Cats and it made a great improvement without any drone to it....

+1!!!

Per Chuck Tator's recommendation, I have the Roe high flows and everything else is stock...purrrfect. It's a little louder without being ridiculous, more bark, less heat, no drone...lovin it. It does increase decel popping. I didn't think I would like that, but now it's music to my ears!!!

If you don't like decel popping, you can get the Mopar controller. That will take it away which is why I don't have it. :(

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious. Is anyone taking the cats out completly on the 08 /09 's?

I am about to have a custom system built after they install the Motons. They will
cut out the second cat and leave the first one then go with a 3 in pipe to a muffler
and out the side. They are going to start with a Borla muffler and leave the side sills
off so I can hear it and swap to something else. They did this to a Gen 3 with a cam
and said it was as close to the muscle car sound as they have heard on a Viper and
they have worked on a lot of Vipers and custom cars for the Salt.

Herc

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything you need is right here, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3240954 We don't sell things that don't work only things we are willing to buy ourselves. Contact me anytime if you have questions.

Mark,

How did you set the Motons as far as lowering and alignment? It looks like an inch or
so lower all around? I am having mine done and was told that they usually just drop
the rear 1/2 an inch or so for ACRs but that black Paxton 2004 I had that you guys
did seemed much lower with Motons, 1.5 inch or so.

Herc

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just curious. Is anyone taking the cats out completly on the 08 /09 's?

Yes we built a 09' with no cats. M&M Headers are the only ones that will not set off the cell light. I personaly like running high flow cats for a little less sound.

OP
OP
Jersey Jeff

Jersey Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what about the high flow cats (ROE Racing) with a Corsa cat back system? Is it too loud? Will it have the drone sound that I really don't want?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why not call Sean Roe?

If you can wait, VOI 11 next fall will have Vendor displays etc as well as 500 or so Viper that you can listen to - in person!!!

I saw one guy's (in vancouver) SSG coupe with cf and SSG wheels. He had his Intake mainfold painted SSG with Emerald Grren flames. Sounds stupid, but really looked awesome.

Ted

RMcGuinness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1!!!

Per Chuck Tator's recommendation, I have the Roe high flows and everything else is stock...purrrfect. It's a little louder without being ridiculous, more bark, less heat, no drone...lovin it. It does increase decel popping. I didn't think I would like that, but now it's music to my ears!!!

If you don't like decel popping, you can get the Mopar controller. That will take it away which is why I don't have it. :(

Can anyone explain to me why the Mopar controller would take away the "decel popping"? I have Cat By-pass pipes and DC performance track exhaust along with the Mopar PCM for my '09 and was expecting more of a "raw" sound...thanks for the explaination!

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Drop it for sure. Short shifter, Cross drilled rotors, solid motor mounts so u can rattle ur fillings loose. Super charger. Make sure you finish your coffee before you get in. Sorry thats my wish list.

You can't supercharge the 2008s and up vipers yet... No supercharger application for it.