Northeast Zone Rendezvous !!!! Raceway Park, , NJ !!! May 30-June 1st!!!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
We're getting closer, and this will be an event that you won't want to miss!

As I hinted to before..... you'll be going Fast and Furious on the autocross as PVO and Dodge will be supplying us with TWO SRT-10's for all to use during our autocross challenge!!!!!

CAN YOU SAY BRIGHT YELLOW SRT-10's? THAT'S RIGHT! THE SRT-10's WILL BE THE ACTUAL SNAKES USED ON THE SET OF THE FAST AND FURIOUS MOVIE!!!

...and that's just the beginning! Want to zip around the autocross in a Neon SRT-4? The same neon that just blew Motor Trend's test drivers away as they tested it against two worthy competitors? Well PVO is sending two of these babies to us as well!

So make sure you register soon, as spots are filling up fast!

Haven't received your registration form? Please call Viper HQ at 800-998-1110 and they will be glad to fax you one!!!!!

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Here's a Q&A:

Q:

I just received my mailer for the May 30th - June 1st event. I just wanted to know, how does this event work as I have never been to one before. I just purchased my new Viper a few weeks ago and am loving every minute of it. Also what are the SRT-4's and 10's going to be doing there? Are they going to be driven or displayed? Lastly, I am not a big track fan because the idea of using my car on the track just deters me. The insurance reasons keep me away as I do not think that if, God forbid something happens, I am covered by insurance. Would you recommend the "NON DRIVER" experience? Is it still fun?

A:

The SRT-4's AND SRT-10's are actually going to be used by ALL participants (not spectators) on the autocross track! The SRT-10's are the actual Vipers that will be used to "level the playing field" as we will all compete for the best autocross times. If you're not familiar with autocross, it is a course, designed with cones as markers for turns and chicanes, that you have to maneuver through...it's great fun, and very unlikely that you will damage anything except your pride : ) The SCCA sets up the track as a very safe, but VERY challenging design. You probably won't need to get out of second gear for the entire setup (except to shift into first). The reason we have to level the playing field is because the two best times will be invited to Detroit to challenge (autocross) Team Viper at the Chrysler proving grounds (quite an experience, as the proving grounds are truly off limits to outsiders...with many future vehicles driving around...lots of high level executives come out to "play" with us, and are VERY proficient autocrossers.

The SRT-4's are going to be there as well, just to have fun with! They are outstanding neons, with over 220 HP, and gobs of torque. Ironically, they may actually beat the Vipers on the autocross because they should be a bit more maneuverable. I guess we'll find out!

Non-driver experience is still great fun, especially Saturday, as they'll be plenty of Mopar Atlantic Nationals "Iron" driving around, there's a car show, and plenty of chow, and a relaxed, exclusive place to hang out (A/C and cold sodas ALWAYS there to help!!).

So, Take Yer Choice! I vote for the driver experience....even if you decide you don't want to use your own car...considering the availability of all the Dodge SRT's, you should still enjoy plenty of driving.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I really appricate it. My registration form is going out tomorrow. I can not wait until the event.

Keith

P.S As for the weather, is there a rain date or will we still go if it rains?

Thanks again!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Northeast Zone Rendezvous !!!! Raceway Park, , NJ !!! May 30-June 1st!

Can I assume we will be getting some sort of package in the mail confirming our registration, or do we pick that up at the track?

Andrew

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score

Confirmations mailed! Get ready to rumble! This event is going to be AWESOME!!!

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just made the decision to go. I hope there are still rooms available.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've got bad news.I've been waiting for this one event all year.All hope is lost for that.I screwed up in school.I've been working so hard,so bad,for this one event(figuring it's the best one we've had) and now I'm not able to go. :(
guess I better start looking out the window.I did see one viper this week but it's just not as exciting as seeing 20 of them in one spot and a whole ton of extras.The day they said I couldn't go they had also said I wasn't allowed on the computer for a whole month but I've been on it since then.Hmmmmm....maybe I can...maybe I can :smirk: but then again.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh well, its ok. You will be able to attend many more events.

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is official...
I will be there.
See you all there.
Can't wait.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

John can't wait to see you there. I will be there with my younger brother.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well I am just wondering, is there a rain date for this event? I know it has been planned for a while but if it rains the event would be ruined. Anyone know?

Thanks

Keith

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score

Rain or Shine! Autocross is enlightening in the rain, and all our food is indoors! Let's do a "no rain dance" and keep our fingers and toes crossed.

Heck! How much rain can be left after last weekend?

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe,
I am doing the "No Rain Dance" Zaino ONLY right now!

Keith,
See you there...:)

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score

SPECIAL INFO:

Just spoke to our autocross "developer":

He's arranged for some of the top SCCA drivers to be out in force at our event! Expect some incredibly in depth instruction!

AWESOME!

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score

Weather looks awesome on Friday .... which is the day with the MOST, EXCLUSIVE VIPERS ONLY TRACK TIME!!!!

That's right, JUST VIPERS, on a world reknown drag strip ... plus SCCA prepared AUTOCROSS .... it'll get to the point where the staging lanes will be empty .... because you're dizzy from zipping around! :D

yeeee haaaaaa!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys,
good luck today!I'll be there tommarow hopefully.I'm still bringing my viper.I might not take it out of the car because I don't like the way the weather is going to be like tomarrow.Gotta pray for no rain!

Ron
P.S.Joe sorry about the last 2 posts.

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

AWESOME!
Thanks Joe, VCA, Raceway Park and ALL VCA members.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

That was the coolest two days I have ever had standing up...

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in helping make this happen. I will be back next year.... with stickier tires...

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great time as always. Thanks to all those involved. Great track, great people, weather not so great. It's Sunday morning and it's time to go sit the rain all day with just a slim hope of getting a few runs in.

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bummer, it's rained out today. Does that mean there will be a rain date?

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Didn't they still run the AutoX in the rain? That's how I won it in 2000.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Didn't they still run the AutoX in the rain?

Didn't notice...

I was too busy trying to figure out how Andy pulled a 2 second lead on me to pay attention the weather...

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

On Saturday yes, there is no autocross on Sunday just the Mopar finals which were rained out

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score

Awesome Event.... including our VERY generous VCA members! Our Make-A-Wish foundation auction resulted in over $3000 AND... unfortunately, one shirtless Joe H! ... all in the name of charity ..... and good fun!

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A great time! Thanks to all who organized this great, fun event. The hospitality of the NJ VCA chapter was excellent and you guys (youse guys?) are a class act!

Joe: beware, next event you may need a burlap sack to jump into after you raffle off all of your clothing...

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I really enjoyed what AX there was on Sat. before the rain started. I have to hand it to Tom. He is some AX driver, and the way he set up his car is impressive. He ran that course better in his car than in the 2003. Really makes me itchy to set my car up a little better.

Andrew

By the way.....George....I'll bet everyone is even more happy that I managed to keep the last remaining Viper inches off the fence on my second run. That was a close one!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am going to be putting the pictures on the site shortly. I am just uploading them now and they should be up be 8pm.