Not a Snake, but a Dodge

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m hoping to put another Dodge in my garage soon and was hoping I could get some information from this group. This board seems to have more knowledge about a broad range of issues so I was thinking you could help me with some info on this car. I’m looking to pick up a 1963 max wedge car in a month or so and was hoping someone could help me with the value of this car. It is a 63 330 max wedge with 415 horse 3 speed car with 3000 original miles on it. It has been stored by a friend of mine for almost 20 years and looks darn near like new. It is all original down to the exhaust etc… I need to insure this car for what is worth, so I’m looking to my Viper brothers and sisters to either point me to someone who would know a fair value or share their thoughts on it’s value. Thanks in advance.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
first thought is to try to see what a similar car sold for at a recent barrett-jackson auction.

then try a search at moparts.com and look in their classifieds

also if I remember correctly there is a "kelly blue book" type catalog available for collector cars. I think I found it at Hemming motor news. Hemmings also has classifieds and may be a good resource.

final thought is to do a search for a "max wedge" club. there is bound to be one out there and a member should be able to help

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at Hemmings. I would not go by what has sold at Barrett-Jackson. People pay some stupid money at that auction. You can not gauge the value of car by what happens there though, in a way, it does effect values of some cars.

OP
OP
P

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I've searched the net and not much there. I did see one similar on a BJ auction site that sold for 234, but be darned if I can't find it now. I've been told it's worth 150, but I am not counting on it. The one on BJ had about 22,000 miles on it, same color everything. I've searched for clubs via Google, but have struck out. I'll take your advice and check the references you mentioned. Again, thanks.

OP
OP
P

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any guess on value? I'm 90% certain I'm going to buy this car. I just need some idea of it's value. I'll have to build a new garage as my attached 3 car is full. If I don't buy it I'll let you know.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say it has to be worth 100,000 plus maybe closer to the 150,000 mark and maybe more if it was marketed to BJ customer .It all depends on its documentation .To many "ifs" but from what it sounds like if its a true 3000 mile matching car......it is a very special car :) Good Luck keep us posted .....Nice find

OP
OP
P

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR Steve, thanks for the input. I hope to have it in my garage before too long (30 days). I'm buying it from a friend and he has had it since it had 2000 miles on it. I believe that was 25 years ago. Again, thanks

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pat, you would think that anyone that has had that car for 25 years would know of all the past sales of similar low mileage cars and would want crazy money for such a unique car. I can't imagine you getting a "deal" on this car, but if this is something that you really want then even paying retail would not be bad for such a unique car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte