NPG+ Coolant ????

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes.

Works great in racecars. It has several benefits such as high boiling point and it builds next to no pressure (lower possibility of blowing a hose, not finishing a race due to a punctured radiator, etc). I don't think I'd bother putting it in a street car. It would take a lot of time to get all the water out of the stock system and get it completely dry before putting in the NPG.

I can tell you that a Viper can run at 300 degrees with the NPG and live
smile.gif

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
...and, by the way Sean, THANKS for the tips on the radiator hose change job on the '97. Your silicone hoses went on like a breeze...and the valve SURE helps rid the system of air. I hope to start on the '95 hose change next week.

Reaction score
Sean's right--the stuff works, but it's really hard to get all the water out of the system, as NPG isn't compatible with water or traditional anti-freeze.
We've run it on a few race cars with brand new engines and cooling systems, and it works great in those cases. On a street car, if you blow a radiator hose and are out in the middle of nowhere, you better have a _very_ large supply of NPG in the trunk!

OP
OP
J

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys! Sounds like it's more time and $$ than it's worth for a street car.