Nuremberg Decal ACR

Viper 55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nurburgring Decal ACR

I'm looking for a decal to place on the back of my ACR. I've seen them where the decal is in the shape of the Nurburgring Track and the 7:22.1 time displayed. Anyone know where I can find one?

Last edited:

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give JonB a call at PartsRack! I know that's a standard answer for anything Viper related, but in this case he's the only one I know of that has the Ring decals. By the way, not to bust your chops, but there is a difference between Nuremburg and Nurburgring (I'm German, and I can guarantee there isn't a track in Nuremburg - and the only race laws decided there had to do with the Nazis).

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you are definitely referring to the Nurburgring... (Nuremberg was where they held the Post WWII **** War Crimes Trials)

OP
OP
V

Viper 55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, looks like I'm learning something here and appreciate being schooled on this for two reasons, 1) as a Viper owner, we need to know this; and 2) WWII history is intriguing to me and I know of the famous trial that occurred; however, I thought that the track was in the same city... So, let me get this straight, the 7:22.1 record that was set by the ACR was at a "track" known as Nurburgring, but the question still remains in my mind, in what city is the Nurburgring track or "ring" located?

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Nurburgring is in Nurburg - about an hour or two out of Frankfurt if you don't get traffic. It's actually a very common mistake to confuse Nurburg with Nurnburg - lots of people have screwed that up and ended up half-way to Bavaria before they realized it. The beer in Bavaria is much better anyhow, so not such a terrible mistake.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Viper 55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin, I got it now, thanks for the education!
You're right, the beer in Bavaria is good!!

Also, spoke with JonB and got what I needed and some other needed items. Nice, helpful and knowledgeable. Thanks again.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nürburg is a small town west of Cologne/Bonn in the hills called EIFEL - that's where the famous N'RING (green hell) is. 2 hours northwest of Frankfurt. Right.

Nürnberg is the second biggest town in Northern Bavaria! 2 hours southeast of Frankfurt.

...burg=castle
...berg=mountain

OP
OP
V

Viper 55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't know we could do that? How do you arrange such a treat? What vehicle did you use?

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do some searching on the web. On open days you go and pay for laps and drive anything you want You'll find all the costs as well as what the costs are to replace any guard rails you take out, $1500 pounds per meter?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nürburg is a small town west of Cologne/Bonn in the hills called EIFEL - that's where the famous N'RING (green hell) is. 2 hours northwest of Frankfurt. Right.

Nürnberg is the second biggest town in Northern Bavaria! 2 hours southeast of Frankfurt.

...burg=castle
...berg=mountain
Ah, memories. I lived in Nürnberg for several years many moons ago. And enjoyed both watching the Formula cars (usually Formula V) driving on the Norisring and driving on parts of it after. The Norisring is in close proximity to the dutzenteich park and shares some of the area of the Reichsparteitagsgelaende (location wher the SS held marches for ******)
You must be registered for see images attach

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't know we could do that? How do you arrange such a treat? What vehicle did you use?

Do some searching on the web. On open days you go and pay for laps and drive anything you want

My understanding from my searches is that these days, you may not drive a rental car on the track. I don't remember if someone officially checks, or if the rental agencies have paid someone to check, or what the results of being discovered would be.

Here is an option that I was thinking about if a "normal" rental car is not allowed: Rent Racecar Nurburgring Nordschleife Rental Car Selfdrive

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

turn up in any car or motorbike on a 'tourist day' buy a ticket for about $15 and off you go, but be aware of the great costs involved if you create an accident, you really need to make sure you have insurance, (most of the UK companies dont cover you for the Ring) last summer our club was there and the day before we arrived a german guys 911 dropped oil on a high speed corner x8 cars crashed heavily on his oil, including the zacspeed viper taxi which was written off ! the 911 drivers bill was said to be around 800,000 euros for creating the accident and injuries !!!

It is quite a dangerous place espically for motorbiker's who are let out on track at the same time as cars, every time we have been people several bikers have died on the track over the weekend... unfortunately this is a regular thing

On a trip several years ago i chatted to a Canadian who turned up and used his Merc diseal hire car, brought 5 laps and loved every second of it, there's nothing stopping you actually taking your hire car out, though i guess the hire company would have a few words to say if they knew

the last weekend of this month our club is involved with an event, like a private hire day a bit like Dodge did when the hired the track for the record attempt, with a limited number of invited cars on the track

Last edited:

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

...burg=castle
...berg=mountain

Thanks for the education. Next question - is that where the EIFEL tower is? :lmao:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang