nuts and bolts, cant find em?

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been trying really hard to find a clip nut and window bolt for my '95. Im getting discouraged. Does anyone have information on where to get the following:

- On the soft top for a Gen1, there is a clip nut on the front arm for when you open the top and swing the arm out this clip nut catches a clip you push in to secure.

- On the windows once installed, there is a finger bolt that secures the soft window to the door frame.

I have one of each but only the driver side is secure with this stuff. I contacted JonB already and its a matter of buying the whole mechanism. He cant find just these nuts as he would deface an entire set up. Any help would be appreciated.

OP
OP
ViperJay

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
is that a ******* shoe bomb? i will allow this hi-jacking as you are fixing the drawing for me so i can win that viper bike.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, Jay, you are still looking for the clip nut?? :omg: Remember you, me and Chad were on CHAT at the same time, so Chad really wasn't hijacking this thread...it's what we were all discussing that day...good luck to both of you in obtaining these parts. ~juli
(Did you call Chuck Tator? Maybe he can help? :dunno: 1-914-763-3136)

OP
OP
ViperJay

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i do remember. these parts are just not made anymore. i will have to find used ones from a junker i think. i remember not too long ago someone made those finger bolts that go on the air intake box. maybe he will chime in and make some up. depends on who else needs them i guess.

OP
OP
ViperJay

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i talked to curtis and corey at snake oyl products. they are former vca sponsers. they have the window finger bolts in stainless for $15 a pair!! he is checking on the clip nut and can probably make them on his cnc machine. this guy can make all kinds of good stuff. im talking him into wheel caps for viper rims...