OEM Hard top

pgbeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For any one who has a OEM hard top. Did they make a special tool to use to secure the hinge (see pic) Just wondering what to use.
My soft top has a long latch, but the Hardtop hinge lacks one?

Attachments

• DSC04820.jpg
    DSC04820.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
P

pgbeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the screws and the means to attach it to the rail.
When you set your top down on the car what do you use to turn the hinge to lock the top in place?

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your question is vague...

Your pic shows a front latch. What do you need?? Just use the same Allen to twist the front latch; The one that you use to secure the rear screws.

Push down hard and twist!

???

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PM'd pics to you last night. Also, as said by other members, use Loctite "Blue" or other similar thread locking liquid when installing the screws. They are know to shake loose over time - not a nice thing to happen while on the highway!:jawdrop:

By the way, while we are on this subject, can anyone post a pic of the factory latch tool? I've never seen one and was curious.:2tu:

Thanks.:D

OP
OP
P

pgbeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys I'm sorry for not asking this correctly. Thanks Vipuronr, you
did it for me.

"By the way, while we are on this subject, can anyone post a pic of the factory latch tool? I've never seen one and was curious."

This is all I'm interested in, What "factory latch tool" you use to secure the latch. I included a picture because the latch looks like it takes a factory tool to be able to turn it.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys I'm sorry for not asking this correctly. Thanks Vipuronr, you
did it for me.

"By the way, while we are on this subject, can anyone post a pic of the factory latch tool? I've never seen one and was curious."

This is all I'm interested in, What "factory latch tool" you use to secure the latch. I included a picture because the latch looks like it takes a factory tool to be able to turn it.

It really is an allen wrench believe it or not. My car is all packed up right now and I don't have the time to take a picture of it but I can try later tonight for you. :)

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems to me that its one of those "what do we do for a latch handle, okay grab an allen key...that should work" type of Dodge designs!:rolaugh:

Seems to me they could have figured out how to use something more like the one on the softtop, so you didn't have to go to your toolbox.:nono:

That "design session" must have been when they were on a beer break!:beer: