Official 2011 Tail of the Dragon Thread

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad and Stretch talked me into it- and Chad bribed me with the promise of a stunning co-pilot, so.....I'll be bringing my Gen.3 in the fastest color.
As this is my first ToD, I really look forward to it!
I'll be bringing the GoPro too.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No need to bring that shower curtain stretch! Just bought a 3 piece top!! Wooot wooot!

It's already packed :2tu:

And this time I have a little bit bigger one. Hopefully we won't have to use it this year.

OP
OP
B

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
********** UPDATE *************

Between current hotel reservations and online sign-ups, there are currently 32 vehicles attending. If you have not signed up online, please do it so we can get you the latest info just before the meet (along with a list of everyone's contact info...will really be handy!)

http://3199996.polldaddy.com/s/viper-tail-of-the-dragon-weekend-june-3rd-5th-2011

Will be getting coverage this year from http://americancarsamericangirls.com . Tom covered our 2009 trip and his front page currently features a pic from that year.

"Mad Matt" Chambers has cleared his schedule that weekend and will map/guide our trip out of the Tail and Saturday's cruise. For those wanting to see the mountains from the air, follow Matt. The rest of us will stick to the roads as best we can...

A couple of surprises are in store schedule-wise. Will update the schedule once everything is ironed out. We have backup plans for each day and will adjust as necessary. Friday rain will bring a return to the Dragon on Saturday. Saturday rain will bring an abbreviated cruise and a trip to a large indoor Mopar Show. Either way, everyone always eats!

Last edited:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Brett, if you talk to Matt, tell him to give me a call. I thouhgt the boy died as hard as it is to get ahold of him. I have emailed, called, txt..........................

Maybe he is trying to ell me something...............................:eek:

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like I will have all of my engine parts Friday so I can put the engine back together and do the break in before next weekend. Ill be cutting it close! Bret let me know if you need anything buddy!!

OP
OP
B

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm just hoping the "peaches and apple pie" show up. I've almost recovered from my last meeting with those 2!

They live there, so I'm thinking they'll be there and bring some friends. I heard solicitation of what they offer is legal in Gatlinburg, so bring money. For those who don't understand, you will... but you probably won't be able to tell your friends everything for a week or so...

OP
OP
B

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like I will have all of my engine parts Friday so I can put the engine back together and do the break in before next weekend. Ill be cutting it close! Bret let me know if you need anything buddy!!

Alright! May need a leader for the Northern approach...it will be mapped out, but it's nice to have a car up front that's highly visible and has everyone behind to pick up the pieces coming off along the way...

OP
OP
B

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Brett, if you talk to Matt, tell him to give me a call. I thouhgt the boy died as hard as it is to get ahold of him. I have emailed, called, txt..........................

Maybe he is trying to ell me something...............................:eek:

Nahh...I've had troubles too, but he called back from Florida last week. That's my only contact, been trying to catch him since, but he's off and running as usual. He did say he would be ready to go by then...I sure would hate to have to lead everyone back & forth on the PG <-> Gatlinburg road 50 times just to make sure we don't get lost...

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nahh...I've had troubles too, but he called back from Florida last week. That's my only contact, been trying to catch him since, but he's off and running as usual. He did say he would be ready to go by then...I sure would hate to have to lead everyone back & forth on the PG <-> Gatlinburg road 50 times just to make sure we don't get lost...

That's what GPS is for. I have one in mine and a portable if you need me to bring along.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright! May need a leader for the Northern approach...it will be mapped out, but it's nice to have a car up front that's highly visible and has everyone behind to pick up the pieces coming off along the way...

HA! Could you also have someone drive a trailer behind us so I can get a lift back to the hotel too? lol Let's hope that I do not have any problems.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone planning on meeting earlier at ******* Barrel for B'fast? Like around 8:30-9 ish? We may still go in Thurs eve and stay at hotel next to CB.
We're LEAVING CB at 10:30am, correct?

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a convoy of 4 heading to the ******* Barrell to arrive just before 10:30am. Don't leave without us please!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a convoy of 4 heading to the ******* Barrell to arrive just before 10:30am. Don't leave without us please!

Hurry! Everybody set your watches ahead by 20 minutes right now! That way we can all back each other up that we left at 10:30, but really get out of there at 10:10 before Stretch makes it there! :)

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hurry! Everybody set your watches ahead by 20 minutes right now! That way we can all back each other up that we left at 10:30, but really get out of there at 10:10 before Stretch makes it there! :)

Man that's cold! I could see you doing that to me, but think about those unsuspecting 3 Vipers that will be with me. How could you do that to them?!?!?!?!?!

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got (6) GMRS radios that I'm bringing. All of them have an ear piece (FBI style) for hands-free operation.
I have a spare Garmin I can bring, if requested.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:rolaugh: Thats funny! :D

Stretch - Sorry you are going to be the butt of the jokes all on your own! ;)

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plus, I might end up crashing with you guys and if we leave you behind, then I get the sofa! hahahahaaaaa

I put a reservation in 9 months ago, I'm calling dibs on a bed!

:rolaugh: Thats funny! :D

Stretch - Sorry you are going to be the butt of the jokes all on your own! ;)

Don't worry Mopar Boy, I can handle it :2tu:

I can't wait to see the ear piece radios, that sounds like fun and safer than holding one and driving like last year.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Or you could just change the meeting spot and not tell Jason. I'm thinking he'll wait at least 30 mins before he starts making calls and finds out he's 60 miles away and already 30 mins behind. Add in he has a yellow car, thats a 4 hour total delay for him!

If they're with you, then they're guilty by association! lol

THIS=TRUTH. Sorry Kevan, you really should choose who you hang out with more closely :D

Plus, I might end up crashing with you guys and if we leave you behind, then I get the sofa! hahahahaaaaa

I was going to break the news to Jason later that we're over the fire marshall's limit for occupancy and he has to sleep on the balcony.

I put a reservation in 9 months ago, I'm calling dibs on a bed!

You can certainly have a bed! As long as it fits in the trunk of your RT/8 and you can get it on the balcony without any help from me or Scott.

Don't worry Mopar Boy, I can handle it :2tu:

We'll see about that :D

Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Less than a week away! I just reserved a hotel room at the Comfort Suites hotel in Knoxville for Thursday night since it's near the ******* Barrel those of us from the north are meeting up at Friday morning. I have a 8 hour drive to Knoxville, TN coming from NW Ohio/SE Michigan. I'm not sure if anyone else is staying overnight Thursday, but here is the hotel information for the one I reserved:
Comfort Suites Knoxville - West
811 North Campbell Station Road
Knoxville, TN 37932
(865) 675-7585

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Less than a week away! I just reserved a hotel room at the Comfort Suites hotel in Knoxville for Thursday night since it's near the ******* Barrel those of us from the north are meeting up at Friday morning. I have a 8 hour drive to Knoxville, TN coming from NW Ohio/SE Michigan. I'm not sure if anyone else is staying overnight Thursday, but here is the hotel information for the one I reserved:
Comfort Suites Knoxville - West
811 North Campbell Station Road
Knoxville, TN 37932
(865) 675-7585
Hey Craig!
I'm leaving from Columbus at about 3PM on Thurs., if you'd like to caravan down. I'm staying at Stretch's in Louisville Thurs. night, then we're off to meet everyone else early the following morning. It's a little easier to split the trip down there into 2 sections. I'm sure there are hotels near Stretch's own personal Margaritaville. :)
Let me know (kevan [at] jemfest [dot] com).