OFFICIAL SRT-10 POLL!!! THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake654321

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just because I own a GTS doesn't mean I don't like ******* cars. I own two. Silly requirement. Go back to school. Stay away from the statistics.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fred makes a great point. How can so many of the GTS owners, who have come out and said that they had no desire for the Viper until it was offered as a GTS have a valid vote on a ******* Viper? This makes a huge difference. Plus you would need to factor in all those voting that COULD actually own Two Vipers. Lets face it, why build a car for someone who could not buy one anyway, especially if they already have all they want.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to say this, but:

I am very disappointed in the styling of the SRT/10. Dodge underestimated the impact the Viper's distinctive styling had on its popularity.

It's hard to argue with 500/500/500, though. I'm sure the Gen III will outperform the Gen II -- but by how much? The Gen II's built their performance reputation by significantly outperforming the competition, and by dominating GT2 racing for three years. Now the competition is faster, and I fear the Gen III will not be significantly faster than the competition. Maybe still "King of the Hill," but probably not by much. And there are no plans to race this car under factory sponsorship. I really hope I'm wrong, and I'm looking forward to seeing some real performance numbers and a test which compares the old and new Vipers, as well as offerings from the competition. But at this time, I'm skeptical about how much of an improvement the Gen III really is.

In his book "Guts," Bob Lutz referred to the Viper and some other Chrysler products of the last decade as "right-brain" vehicles; that is, one that appeals to the visceral and impulsive side of your brain. He offered that they knew the restyled 1994 Ram was a winner when in the polls they conducted, 40% loved it, and 40% hated it -- not much middle ground. But that's OK for a right-brain car, because the people who like the car will be avid proponents. And it would be bad to water down the vehicle to appeal more to the people who hate it. Think about it -- how does the SRT/10 fit into this philosophy?

I really hope I'm wrong...

v8huntr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not for me. DC should of kept last body for at least few year more.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
Fred makes a great point. How can so many of the GTS owners, who have come out and said that they had no desire for the Viper until it was offered as a GTS have a valid vote on a ******* Viper? This makes a huge difference. Plus you would need to factor in all those voting that COULD actually own Two Vipers. Lets face it, why build a car for someone who could not buy one anyway, especially if they already have all they want.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No Offense meant Steve towards you , but.....
Simply, it's because the New SRT-10 looks like crap, that is why noone likes it, not because they like GTS's better. And with the prototype and Comp Coupe, it shows that a GTS will be a winner. It has nothing to do with if we like GTS's better or RT/10's better. I love RT/10's as I"m sure 99% of the GTS owners do also... Lets not try and 2nd guess here. Finally it shows what everyone already knew..

Another comentary. I see the new SRT-10 the same way what the C-4 Body did to the corvettes. They "softened" them out. Performance was MUCH better, but at a sacrafice to how it looks. IMO as I"m sure with many more people the C-4's and early C-5's are just plain and wedged shaped. They are finally starting to look better. It took the vettes nearly 20 years to overcome the horrible design change in 1984...
Gerald

BlueCrotalus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a 2001 RT/10 after I saw the photos of the new Viper. I like the old style better! I didn't have a problem with the idea of a change, but do not like the styling result.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to thank the following for their contribution to the poll. SilverViperGTS, <u>Steve Ferguson</u>, Fred(DrivingSchool)Kinder, Greg 99ACR and Silver, Ron Hickey, v8huntr, BlueCrotalus, & snowsnake. Your opinions & comments matter!

With your contribution, the poll stands at 130-31 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you ffoote & KenH for voting and taking the time for your voice to be heard. Your opinions matters!

With your contribution to the poll, the vote stands at 132-31 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too passed on the '03 due to its styling and the fact that it is only available in a soft top. Performance wise it looks like they did a good job, it's just too bland looking and I didn't buy a Viper to get lost in the crowd of vettes, S2000s, etc.

--- Ken

Reaction score
Thumbs up. A Viper is a Viper right folks? Just my two cents.

I have also saw this car in person.

By the way Trey it took me an hour to read all these. This has got to be the longest tread in the Viperclub.org history. Tony?

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,

You have to vote one way or another. Unless your just truly undecided. Please decide so your voice can be heard. Thumbs up - Thumbs down - or neither.

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by King GTS:
Jason,

You have to vote one way or another. Unless your just truly undecided. Please decide so your voice can be heard. Thumbs up - Thumbs down - or neither.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thumbs up

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Jason-Middle Tennessee for contributing to the poll! Your vote definitely counts!

With your voice, the poll stands at 132-32 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fred(DrivingSchool)Kinder:
To have any validity a few pool voting requirements are missing.

Minimum requirements to Vote:

1. Must be a VCA Member (active)

2. Must have or will attend one of the following
a. How many of you went to VOI6?
b. How many of you went to VOI5?
c. How many of you are going to VOI7?

3. Have the dollars available to buy a $80,000. car

4. Have owned or presently own a RT10. (if you do not like ******* cars your vote will not count in a ******* poll)

Filter you poll with the above and recalculate the results!

(also no name no vote)
If you Viper enthusiasm is limited to the key board you vote is worthless! my opinion!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nonsense. It's an open poll. No one is being turned away from sharing their opinion. These requirements are goofy.

I'm a VCA member, I have no interest in using my vacation time and money to go to a corporate party, personal finances aren't relevant to public discussion, and I'd love to own a convertible, but the SRT10 is not the convertible I'd love to own.

Imagine if the next US presidential election stipulated the voting requirements:

1. You must have registered party affiliation to vote.
2. You must vacation in Washington D.C. and attend a political fundraising dinner there.
3. You must have $80k in disposable income.
4. You must have be in or previously have held political office.

(also your vote was not confidential)

Democracy is based on open representation of the opinion of the masses. KingGTS is doing a very admirable job of keeping this as pure, unbiased feedback.

The question is very simple: Do you like the car? It isn't being qualified by any gimmicks, slants, or gerrymandering to favor a particular point of view.

Nik Rouda

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by silverviper on 05-31-2002 at 04:21 PM</font>

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for your contribution to the poll 2000gtsacr & LADD! Your vote is appreciated & comments noted!

With your vote the poll stands at 134-32 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate to crack on another guy named Steve but...........This is the only Viper we'll be able to buy new. No GTS planned, right? So, "How do you like the new Viper?" is a valid question. This isn't a debate about who the V3 was built for. The changes will probably end up being a good decision for DC $$$$ wise.

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer the looks of my GTS over the SRT-10. However, I like the performance improvements they made on the new car. I also like the interior. Maybe a coupe will look better. Most non-Viper owners I have talked to say the new SRT-10 looks like a big Honda S2000 or Corvette or Camero... but not a Viper.

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had one on order because I wanted to atleast drive it and see how it runs. I told the dealer that if I did not buy it I would move it for them.

After I saw a red SRT at the Auto Show, I new it was to plain looking for my viper taste. A viper is suppose to be aggressive and exotic looking with stand out in the crowd style. With the new SRT style, almost all of the other sports cars out there will look better. Sad but true.

I gave the car to Sean Roe so he can develop parts for the gen III cars.

I agree with Gerald.
Gerald wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Simply, it's because the New SRT-10 looks like crap, that is why noone likes it, not because they like GTS's better. And with the prototype and Comp Coupe, it shows that a GTS will be a winner. It has nothing to do with if we like GTS's better or RT/10's better. I love RT/10's as I"m sure 99% of the GTS owners do also... Lets not try and 2nd guess here. Finally it shows what everyone already knew
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Thanks! Thumbs down Here
shake.gif
As far as the styling goes I will stick with what I got! Enough said!

As far as horsepower I commend them. As for me I can think of a few mods that will net me 500Hp. That way I will save myself a whole bunch of money.

I just wonder if the SRT will be like the C5 when it first came out. If I recall the general consensus was it was ugly too.I hated it myself! Well......now they don't look that bad to me. Go figure!
laugh.gif

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for contributing to the poll Hans Christian, viperrt96, AQX, & SLITHRN! Your comments & vote is appreciated!

With your voice, the poll stands at 137-33 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

SoCal Craig,

I sent you an E-mail. Please vote definitively so I can add you to the poll. Thank you.

Rich01RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT size="6">NO</FONT s>
would not buy the SRT-10. I appreciate the developments in HP/Torque, but I'm not crazy about the new body design. The Viper should Stand out as outrageous in looks (or more so - if that's possible) as the current models.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for contributing to the poll Hans Christian, AQX, & SLITHRN! Your comments & vote is appreciated!

With your voice, the poll stands at 136-33 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

SoCal Craig,

I sent you an E-mail. Please vote definitively so I can add you to the poll. Thank you.

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like my 98 gts. i hope they rework the body for the coupe version. they did a better job on the styling of the new dodge razor. srt 10 is a no no.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to vote Rich01RT10 & Jerryc!

With your contribution to the poll, the vote stands at 139-33 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang