oil change

steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is for 08 and 09 Viper's. How often are you changeing your oil. How often do you, if any add oil to your car. I was told by viper dealers a quart every 1000 is not uncommon. Please advise,Thanks.

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe there is a recommended schedule in your owners manual on when to change your oil based on driving styles. I personally change my oil once a year. At the end of the driving season. Weather or not I reach 3k miles or not. As far as adding oil...my '08 hasent needed a top off yet and now it's in storeage for the year. Hope this helps. :)
This is for 08 and 09 Viper's. How often are you changeing your oil. How often do you, if any add oil to your car. I was told by viper dealers a quart every 1000 is not uncommon. Please advise,Thanks.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, first of all, if you have an '08 or '09, your VCA Membership is FREE...call 1-800-998-1110, Viper Headquarters with your VIN# to get your Viper Club Membership #. PM the admins. (lee00blacksilvergts, kcobean, citysnake) to UPGRADE you to Viper Owner for now. ONCE you know your VCA# (JRT/Viper HQ can email it to you), pm those same admins. and you'll be fully upgraded to VCA Member for your region...then upload your AVATAR!!! Would love to see which GenIV you have.
As far as the oil issue: We have only had our '09 for a few months, not a good summer for driving, so only a little over 1K miles on it. Oil was changed at dealers before pickup, and no more has needed as yet to be added. We won't change it til Spring now. This is only what we do, as winterizing is coming VERY soon...:(
ENJOY your car! ~juli

ViperVeryOrange

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Steve, first of all, if you have an '08 or '09, your VCA Membership is FREE...call 1-800-998-1110, Viper Headquarters with your VIN# to get your Viper Club Membership #. PM the admins. (lee00blacksilvergts, kcobean, citysnake) to UPGRADE you to Viper Owner for now. ONCE you know your VCA# (JRT/Viper HQ can email it to you), pm those same admins. and you'll be fully upgraded to VCA Member for your region...then upload your AVATAR!!! Would love to see which GenIV you have.
As far as the oil issue: We have only had our '09 for a few months, not a good summer for driving, so only a little over 1K miles on it. Oil was changed at dealers before pickup, and no more has needed as yet to be added. We won't change it til Spring now. This is only what we do, as winterizing is coming VERY soon...:(
ENJOY your car! ~juli

I have an '08 Viper and I paid for my VCA membership??? What's the deal for a FREE membership for '08's and '09's?:eater:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an '08 Viper and I paid for my VCA membership??? What's the deal for a FREE membership for '08's and '09's?:eater:

Did you buy your car new from a Dodge dealer? If so, then you may want to give VCA HQ a call as suggested and find out what the process is for this (nothing in life is free, it's just that you the owner don't pay for the membership. Either Dodge or the dealer does). I believe that the COOL registration has to be processed by your dealer, so it may be them that dropped the ball. But as mentioned, call HQ and gather the facts before you go light up your sales guy. Perhaps the paperwork just got in after you joined, in which case you may be due a credit for the next year or something.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Juli should have prefaced the statement with, " If you bought your car new, " you should be getting a free membership for the VCA. We have had some customers not get memberships , even before the Bankruptcy, so it might be good to get a verification from VCA that Dodge is still sending in funds for membership?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli should have prefaced the statement with, " If you bought your car new, " you should be getting a free membership for the VCA. We have had some customers not get memberships , even before the Bankruptcy, so it might be good to get a verification from VCA that Dodge is still sending in funds for membership?

I'm faster than Bill Pemberton!!!! :D :D :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Correct~! Thank you both Bill & Kcobean for replying. :2tu: ~juli
(Viper HQ/JRT 1-800-998-1110 can help anyone with these types of questions, but this week is LAST week of raffle, so they MAY BE VERY BUSY!!! :drive: :headbang:)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually it's a bit more complicated than that. No Cool money has been forwarded from Dodge since the BK. For a while it was presumed that the Viper wopuld be sold and the future of the Cool program was totally unknown.
At that point the advice to anyone purchasing a new car was to pay the membership themselves and IF and when the program came back online the second year of membership would be free.
That's probably what happened with ViperVeryOrange.
At this point with the Viper staying with Chrysler, and I just checked with JRthompson, the assumption is that the program will come back, the funds will flow again and we are putting new customers on the VCA books if they contact Viper HQ on their own. But the dealer pipeline to the processing agency to Dodge to JRthompson to the VCA still is not functioning as I write.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What you said, Lee.
I emailed JRT/Viper HQ after we bought our '09 with the VIN#. Fiona wrote back to thank me for doing so, as the info from the dealers was slow if even sent at all. But, yes, this week as I mentioned as well, is the END of the raffle sales, so JRT/Viper HQ will be extremely busy. If anyone calls, please keep trying, or if you can, leave a message (INCLUDE your VIN#/your name/Region).
Thank you Lee for looking into this further. I will now have to double-check our own 2009 status (after this month is over with, no rush!). ~juli

ViperVeryOrange

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually it's a bit more complicated than that. No Cool money has been forwarded from Dodge since the BK. For a while it was presumed that the Viper wopuld be sold and the future of the Cool program was totally unknown.
At that point the advice to anyone purchasing a new car was to pay the membership themselves and IF and when the program came back online the second year of membership would be free.
That's probably what happened with ViperVeryOrange.
At this point with the Viper staying with Chrysler, and I just checked with JRthompson, the assumption is that the program will come back, the funds will flow again and we are putting new customers on the VCA books if they contact Viper HQ on their own. But the dealer pipeline to the processing agency to Dodge to JRthompson to the VCA still is not functioning as I write.

Ok, I understand now. I bought mine used (1200 miles used...:shocked:) so I'm good. Glad to be here! Love my VIPER!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21