Oil Cooling line is leaking

g3t_t0rk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, stopping in again because I can't figure out how to get the cooling lines out. Well, I can get the top 2 on the actual oil cooler off easy because I took off the airbox but the bottom 2 seem to be a tad bit more difficult. Any suggestions, tips, comments?

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been having to do mine about every two years. Doesn't **** as bad as some other things. ....but still not on my list of favorite activities.

DholiRaja209

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the same issue with my gen 3. All I did was apply high temparatue silicon around the metal piping connection and car hasn't seeped oil since then. 8,000 miles spirited driving and no leaks!

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would look at upgrading to aftermarket ones since the OEM lines seem to leak after a few years. I'm sure a local hose shop could also make a better replacement and a cheaper alternative to OEM.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper Specialty dude has some pretty killer replacement lines posted on another thread. Look into that for an upgraded repair. I am considering that for my next set.

cowger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Viper Specialty dude has some pretty killer replacement lines posted on another thread. Look into that for an upgraded repair. I am considering that for my next set.

+1 I tried making my own replacement lines using what I thought were good components. Turns out all JIC fittings are NOT created equal...

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did viper specialty lines from Dan. Very ****. ....uh, the lines that is, not Dan.

Matt162

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must 100% get Dans oil cooler lines. I promise you will love them

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my car has been up on jack stands for the better part of the last month having my wheels refinished and installing some new shocks/springs, and last night I finally got it back on the ground. Started it up and rolled it out of the garage, but wait...what's this? A nice little spot of oil on the floor. After getting the car back up in the air to take a closer look, I found that the bottom oil cooler line had a small leak at the crimp next to the block. I just ordered a set of lines from Dan, so let the fun begin!