Oil filter wrench that does the trick every time!

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you that have a difficult time removing the oil filter, I have found that this tool is the best and quickest solution to removing the filter.....works great! Available at most auto part stores, Harbor Freight, etc. for around $5.00 :2tu:
You must be registered for see images attach

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just took a new timing chain and welded it onto a socket. Even if a shop tries to screw you over by overtightening the filter my tool removes it after crushing it to halfsize. It's the same tool that the truck shop uses to remove their overtightened filters.

If you use a dirty old timing belt and a stripped socket it is a free tool.

Ted

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you need a tool to take your filter off you've installed it too tight. 35 years of changing my own oil and filters and I've never owned or needed a filter wrench. On by hand, off by hand.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just took a new timing chain and welded it onto a socket. Even if a shop tries to screw you over by overtightening the filter my tool removes it after crushing it to halfsize. It's the same tool that the truck shop uses to remove their overtightened filters.

this is what i use

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you need a tool to take your filter off you've installed it too tight. 35 years of changing my own oil and filters and I've never owned or needed a filter wrench. On by hand, off by hand.

But you're a big strong athlete. Some of us old guys just don't have the strength in our hands anymore. I used to punch nails into 2x4s with my bare fist, nowdays I use a hammer and even that's too difficult for me.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dave I agree, but, I had to buy that tool to get the factory filter off my 06. Same need on my 08, they put them on very tight at the factory

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bit late to the party but ... I'm with Dave. On by hand, off by hand. Works every time....

BTW, I have one of those cool tools and have used it a few times on my gen 1s.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather