Ok boys who has THE quickest Viper on this Board? Just curious

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Question,

I think that someone faster shows up on the scene every day!

I am definately NOT the quickest viper, but dollar for dollar Im a tough act to follow. My best times are as follows and they can be viewed on my new instructional video available now on DVD and VHS.

Motor only with Stock Michelin Pilots: 11.67 @ 123.76

Motor only with M/T E.T. Street Tires: 11.22 @ 124.99

Nitrous/Propane w/Stk Michelin Pilots: 10.82 @ 135.14

Nitrous/Propane with M/T E.T. Streets: 10.30 @ 138.02

The specs of the car that ran the above times are:
Belangers Headers and Exhaust, BTR Severe Duty Half Shafts.
NO OTHER MODIFICATIONS.

Corrected Chassis Dyno runs are(add @ 15% for BHP):
On Motor: 461RWHP @ 503 RW/FT.LBS. Torque
On Nitrous: 620RWHP @ 702 RW/FT.LBS. Torque

Thanks for your question.

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I guess I will chime in on this topic. I don't feel I have the quickest viper but do feel we can run with the big dogs when needed. As for Tom's statement on the "dollar for dollar" issue you just never know what some people have in their car. Don't always assume what some of us paid. Enough of that, here are the times on the car...

Motor only 10.90 @ 128 mph with slicks and skinnies

NOS 9.91 @ 144 mph with slicks and skinnies

Remember, this car just has a top end job and a bottle. No other work performed except some exceptional driving by Scott Wieck!!!! I hope to better those times but I will wait to see what happens before I post what I am expecting.

Thanks,
Mark H.

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,

I feel flattered by your somewhat generic accusation. There may be those of the character that you mention, so, lets wager $20,000.00 that my car is stock other than the above stated mods. I will bring it to Texas, make a run on your track and then we can tear it down together(it will be the first time the valve covers have ever been removed). If there is a performance enhancing aftermarket part on the engine or drivetrain other than stock YOU WIN! and I will release the funds from the escrow that we establish. If the drivetrain is as i have stated YOU LOOSE and pay the funds from escrow plus my travel expenses. Deal?

This is not a slam against Mark, as his car is certainly faster than mine! I have a strong reputation and only represent the truth in what my products have accomplished. And Im willing to back it at any cost.

There are lots of ways to go fast. Im proud to represent a less expensive combination of products that go fast.

I drive my own car and I will also state that the driver can make a big difference in how well ANY car performs.

Oh well, hope this good topic doesn't turn into a slamfest!

Tom

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,
When I read 9 sec.'s post I thought he was implying that maybe he or others didn't spend as much as one might think on their mods - not that you are withholding info on your car. Just my interpretation. Anyway, he can respond or not to that point.

BTW - those are some nice motor only times for basic breathing mods - where did you run? - Florida with heavy air? I'm sure that your technique and experience is good for .3 over the average driver
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kid,

Thanks for your input. As I stated My intentions are not to start a flame war as this is a great topic! I have nothing against Mark H. and i have admitted that he has a very fast car. I read his post as that some of us are hiding modifications. If it wasn't written in that context than I apologize. If it was then he or anyone else has my challenge.

Florida in the winter months provides great air! And most tracks are within 100' of sea level. Summertime weather here is a different story with high temperature, low barometric pressure and high humidity. I see an average of .3 tenths between winter and summer.

Driver has lots to do with drag racing! Driver has lots to do with road racing as I am a rookie at it and need to take a driving course to avoid spinning out at 100+ mph like I did at the last road race event that I attended! My drag racing skills are well above average, but im sure that better drivers exist.

tom
http://btrviper.com

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom and I have spoke and both understand what I meant in the statement. I was just stating that I did not spend as much as most people think I did. Several factors contribute into going fast and it is not just the size of the wallet. Like I said, no hard feelings with Tom and I am sure we will lineup against each other later on down the road.

Thanks,
Mark H.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hehe, Don't know when to quit huh? heheh

If you add headers, only, bottle only, supercharger, etc a non stock motor is a non stock motor, period, whether it's slicks, skinnies, gutted cats, etc.

Rumor has it that Doug Levin has an RT (or was it an ACR) that runs well over 150mph in the 1/4 mile, and has a Viper V-10 engine to boot with ALL stock parts still on the car. Only problem is he as to use a parachute!

And I think that was done at VOI6.

Did I hear a 20k bet? I'd fly over there to witness this race.

Gerald

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well,

If you Cuda runs 10's I'd love to see it run at Mopars At Englishtown the first week of June...Long Island is only a hop skip and a jump from there...

P.S. If you aren't on the bottle...your Cuda must not be street legal...

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IEATVETTES,

You evidently mis-read my post. The 20 grand was not a race purse, as i admited that Marks car is faster, the 20 grand was for proof that my engine has stock internals. Sorry if this is confusing to some.

As for racing your CUDA, bring it on down. You can race against my 68 SS/AA Cuda. It has no bottle, all throttle from the Hemi under the hood. You can have some of the Viper too! By the way, hows about posting what that cuda runs, that was what the original gentlemans question was about. I know its not a viper but most of us are interested in any QUICK mopars!

Best of luck, call me anytime, Im always ready!

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Realistically....all we need to know is what the car ran...period. There seem to be some fast cars here, but just like the corrected/uncorrected dyno debate, everyone always has an excuse for why they couldn't go faster.

No excuses...run whatcha brung....heads up....kick some *** .

Good luck to all the Viper racers in the coming year and hope to line up with you soon.

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's an ultra-rare '64 glassless! Just kiddin.
C'mon boys, he said STREET LEGAL Viper.....that means street tires, not slicks....duh. How fast is your 9 second car with street tires?dj

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer your question David as for what the car runs on street tires I would say it runs 9's due to the fact that the car runs on ET Streets which are street legal. Now if you would like to know what it runs on Pilots I have no idea because I am not interested on spinning all the way down the track.

Mark H.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best on motor mph of 130??????

If this is true, I see a big disconnect. I have one friend who runs mid 130s with a ZL-1 Corvette. Now I will admit, he has built engines that hold track records...... however, with all the Big Money being spent on these cars, I would think that an increase of only 10 mph over stock is scratching the surface.

What am I not getting here?

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IEATVETTS,

I'd love to line up with your CUDA. Does it have to be a MOPAR or can a little SG/SC '65 Mustang play? 540 ci BBF, Glide, DANA 60, Tube Chassis car. I've never had it in good air but in our crappy 5000+ ft. DA air, I've ran a best of 8.83 @ 155 mph.

If it's MOPARs only, guess I'll have to defer to Tom and some of the others.

Reaction score
I will never claim to be the fastest. I know I can hold my own. There are several vipers who have had a faster time than me. I was the 5th in the nines with a V10. 2 of the cars that were in the 9's arent around any more. I was the 2nd in the nines with the owner of the car driving it. I have lots of respect for many here. Most have helped me get where I am, which isnt good enough. I do have to say, dont talk smack with this dot et street crap not being street legal. These are street legal, I drive only on ET streets, everywhere freeways, etc.. get pulled over all the time and they question the tire but realize it is LEGAL. If you think you can get into the 9's then do it. Dont sit on a 11 sec pass and say what can you do on pilots. There are several people here who do it all the time, they want slicks cause they know they're slow. Ive seen people buy slicks and it doesnt make a difference, you have to learn to drive on slicks as well. Not too many people can do it. So any trash talkers here that think they have what it takes I would go to the track and practice before the end of the year, cause your going to get drug.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Boys" / "guys" huh?

...Afraid to include the ladies in this question, incase we beats ya 'pants down'?! ...or should I say street legal rubber down...doh...guess that doesn't include me, my street-legal tire tread goes AWOL!
laugh.gif
devil.gif

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little too defensive about your ET Streets there Ally boy. It was his post and if he wants to clarify the question to which he is seekin an answer, he's certainly allowed to do so. Lighten up Fransis.

Reaction score
That post wasn't directed at the topic starter. I knew you boys from NJ would have something to say about tires. I know there has to be more people in NJ than the Nase's that actually are going to step up. Are they they only ones that have any balls? This is getting real old. Run what you brung. Street legal is Tags, Inspection, Insurance.

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, had to chime in. I thought this topic was about street legal viper times. If you want to talk about Drag cars, Nobody has piped up with anything that runs faster then my 69 AMX. 8.30 @160, 1.14 60ft. All motor.......468 CI.

cmfwaic
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
laugh.gif

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again Ally boy you are proving yourself to be incredibly stupid or unable to comprehend our language. I didn't say one word about tires. I didn't say your comments were unnecessarily obnoxious either but I sure was thinking it.

Keep in mind that having a fast Viper or just having a Viper at all doesn't make you a great person, it just makes you fortunate enough to be able to afford a great car. Try to keep a grip on reality pal.

Reaction score
Thanks, but you have proven that your just plain slow and have no reason to talk smack. thanks and please come again.

I never said I was a great person, I am a stupid, ugly and disrespectful. But I will stomp you a$$ in the ground at the drag strip.

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never issued one word of smack on this or any other board. I could not therefor have proven myself slow or fast.

We do agree on one thing finally. You are stupid.

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lee Dove:
Well, had to chime in. I thought this topic was about street legal viper times. If you want to talk about Drag cars, Nobody has piped up with anything that runs faster then my 69 AMX. 8.30 @160, 1.14 60ft. All motor.......468 CI.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1.14 60ft? Yee hi! That'll give you a horizontal smile! Mine's all motor too. Built for bracket racing. No2 is a no no for that.
Nothing better than leaving with a car that'll 60 ft like that.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee ****,

The more people talk, the less 1/4 ET/MPH gets mentioned!

I would think that someone should be getting way over 700 HP on engine.

The V10 has more cylinders, large displacement total, and supposedly high performance design under every nook and cranny!

There are some extremely fast Chevys I know of such as a 65 Corvette 283 that runs 117 MPH and a 63 Corvette ZL-1 that runs 135 MPH. Both owned by the same guy and believe it or not, using all GM parts, headers, and monster exhaust. But like I said, his engines own some track records (short track, late model, stock cars.)

Does anyone have any MPHs that are over 130? And if Yes, would you care to disclose them.

I'm all ears.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21