Ok boys who has THE quickest Viper on this Board? Just curious

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the other end of the scale, I've run a best of 11.8 @ 122.0 on skinnies & ET streets, and my car makes a twice-dyno-verified 515 RWHP and 525 RWTQ. I know why the ET was so bad (no water box, no VHT prep == 1.83 60') but the MPH I ran is waaaay off what others with similar setups quoted here are running. Unless everyone's running their best times in 45-degree weather with a strong tailwind, I'm doing something wrong. Perhaps someone can offer a pointer or two? FWIW, my power peak is at 5,700 RPM and TQ peak is at 4,500 RPM.

Prep: Set rear tire pressure @ 17 psi (hot) as tire is not screwed to rims. Front tire pressure @ 34 psi (cold) per limit on sidewall. Spare in trunk. Full tank of 92 octane CA gas.

Launch: warm up tires (when possible), rev to 4500, hold car on line with clutch, dump clutch at last yellow.
1-2 shift: 5,800 rpm, lift-throttle, engage clutch over .25 sec.
2-3 shift: 5,800 rpm, lift-throttle, engage clutch as quickly as possible
3-4 shift: 5,700 rpm, otherwise same as 2-3 shift.

Cheers,
Ben "Slowest >500 RWHP car on the board" Treynor
confused.gif

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by treynor on 07-23-2001 at 12:21 AM</font>

Reaction score
Ben, Im making a little more power than you, but not much.Around 550. I drop the rears to 13 pounds. the fronts are at 40. Launch the car at 4000. I shift about the same rpm as you, not speed shifting but I hit the gears pretty fast. Do you have any videos of your car? I will post the slip tomorrow and we can compare. talk with you later.

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norwalk Oh Sept 15-16. Viper Nationals or Smack Nationals. Just bring em and we'll settle the discussion and Pay YOU $$$.

Tom? Jamie? Mark? Doug? Texas? NJ? Show us what you got, and it will be on record.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tomatper:
Does anyone have any MPHs that are over 130? And if Yes, would you care to disclose them.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Doug Levin ran 10 flat @ 150.61 mph at Moroso. It's in Viper magazine. He said that was only the 2nd run and Moroso would not let him continue without a parachute on the car! He says there's more left in the car to run.

Doug, is there anything you want to comment on that?

Max

Reaction score
Don, LOL, we'll leave the guns and ropes at home. We just want some good racing and competition. Getting beat is ok, but smack talkers that talk about their buddys sisters brothers cousins car *****.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I'm not involved in this and never will be, but why do people make such a great deal over E.T. when everyone talks about HP? MPH is HP. E.T. is your ability to hook hard at the track.

Just my stupid opinion, and I'll keep the rest of them to myself
smile.gif

Gerald

Reaction score
Gerald, I agree to some level. I want both ET and MPH. True if you have the MPH like Doug you are deadly from a roll, If he ever gets it to the ground were in big trouble. I would love to see his car in action with a few supras here in Houston. But until then I guess im stuck in the middle. I sure would like to drive one of his cars around to see the difference.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't make TX, however, I would figure on bringing the guns, rope, and by all means lots of BEER! (There's nothing like sucking down a cold one while shooting yer gun off out the window while driving! HE!!, That's a perfect way to cheer one's self up!)

I mean folks, that's what makes TX great and a reason I would like to live there. Now wouldn't y'all!

You have to watch out for those lonesome cowgirls though......

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Albert,

Are you saying that there are Supra's in Houston that can out run you? And are close to Doug in Trap Speed? I have yet to run into anything like that here in Atlanta.

I have a tough time imagining a 150MPH Street Supra. I am sure it can be done though.....

Regards,

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps this will help your imagination
smile.gif

Powerhouse Racing Supra

1250 RWHP + 1.35sec 60' = sub-9s @ 150+. With enough money, you can make a 3.3L engine go very very fast...
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say on this one John may have the lead.On my hand how bout John and Albert represent the viper at the Salt Flats(or whatever name that is and were the Jet cars go(spirt of america etc.))and drive as fast as they want in a viper competion.John can take the 800 tt and albert can choose what viper he will drive.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This Supra thing brings a Whole Other Issue....

There are some extremely big mph's being generated by the turbocharged import mini-mites.

While these cars are usually quite lighter (hondas), they generate more HP per cubic inch than even the small blocks.

However, they run boosts from 24 to 40 psi (and more perhaps) (I think F1 can run close to 60 - however, I may be talking thru my hat [have ruined a lot of hats....]

And of course, why is this happening? What is the problem with the big engine cars?

There may be a limitation imposed on normally aspirated computer controlled engines that have to pass emissions - and that is the restruction of wild cams. Big cams are necessary to make megga NA HP.

So that puts us back in the camp of Turbocharted computer controlled engines. Here the cams are relatively mild and do not upset computer control too much.

So that may be the reason there don't seem to be any Big MPH Vipers out there on engine. ....or any other car for that matter, however I think LS1's are getting to the 130 mph level on engine. Still, with the additional cubes in a small block config (better for HP than BB config) the Viper seems lagging.

Don't get me wrong, I claim nothing about me or my cars - this is just a bench racing observation. And I would just love the Vipers to be on the top of the heap!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21