One of the best wheels made for the Viper on a VRC...

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was really curious so I had to do it. ACR's on a Venom Red coupe. Personally I think it looks badass.

You must be registered for see images

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
man, that actually looks nice. I'm looking to see a nice dropped VRC w/rims sometime soon. They can't all remain stock, can they? :)

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I really like the VR. I was fortunate enough to see a VR w/black stripes coupe in person a few weeks back. I have to say, this is a GREAT color. I dont think pictures do it justice. Its a classy, yet aggressive looking color. Definitely one of my favorites.

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the great compliments. Would be nice to see Dodge come up with an "ACR" wheel that looks similar to the GEN II ACR wheel, but one that is totally different and unique to just the SRT like the BBS version was to the GEN II. And IMO, the current ACR wheel (powdercoated "Sidewinder") isnt an ACR wheel. Its not special to the model. Anyone can buy and powdercoat a set of Sidewinder wheels.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the great compliments. Would be nice to see Dodge come up with an "ACR" wheel that looks similar to the GEN II ACR wheel, but one that is totally different and unique to just the SRT like the BBS version was to the GEN II. And IMO, the current ACR wheel (powdercoated "Sidewinder") isnt an ACR wheel. Its not special to the model. Anyone can buy and powdercoat a set of Sidewinder wheels.

This wheel seems pretty close ...
product_photo-xlarge_image-46.jpg

Red Coachwhip

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, it seems that the new Chrysler is cutting costs wherever it seems possible, just to make a profit again (selling offices/design studios, dropping vehicles, etc.), yet the SRT folks somehow managed to come up with a beast of a car. If the Sidewinder wheels where the lightest ones available and the ones that would help the ACR make a profit, I'll take it. After all, it's a lesson inspired from the guys from Skunkworks who came up with the U2, SR-71, F-117, etc (use anything available from the corporate parts bin).

...that being said, I'd also love to see a new BBS-inspired ACR wheel that is unique to the SRT-10 ACR. Without a doubt, they're the Viper wheels that I love the most. And somehow, I think that this kind of wheels makes the design of the SRT-C flow more smoothly. It looks more organic (?).

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, Forgeline and others have copies of the attractive BBS wheel style.
I'd love to see the ACR with those style wheels again in production. :D

Thanks for the great photoshop Austin.:2tu:

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that the ACR wheels from the GEN II really do look like they belong on the car. I remember Jon posting some pics of his Slate/Silver SRTC with the ACR wheels on it. Honestly one of the best looking SRT's, IMO.

And again, thanks to everyone for the nice feedback. I really do hope my PS's help some of you with your decisions on what you'd like to do mod wise to your Vipers. I cant afford a Viper at the moment, but doing these PS's and seeing some of you "build" your cars to match makes me feel as close as I can get to being a part of the Viper community without actually owning one. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang