OOOPS 08 ACR

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch.... must have had those darn runflats on it.

More like because of the OEM KW shocks. Before I replaced the shocks, everytime my ACR's suspension got compressed and hit a rise in the road, it felt like the shocks just couldn't damp the almost 1100# springs from rebounding good enough and felt like it would just bounced off the the road so I never felt comfortable going fast around bumpy turns on the road. The car did feel very planted on most tracks. When driving on the road, I had to use the CG Lock to hellp cinch me into the seat so I would get launched off my seat and hit the headliner from time to time. I also had to tighten my ads from time to time to stabilize my torso on bumyp roads. I had since replaced the shocks with Motons and the car feels so much more planted and I no longer have to **** my guts in on bumpy roads. Those KW's are SCARELY and I have tried all the bump and rebound settings, including going to 800# springs in the back, then finally gave up on them. SRT are you reading this email?

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's too bad, hope the guy's OK, get's the ACR fixed and is back out soon!

(ACR Bruce, that rise is like the one in Parump only faster and the techinque looks the same. Notice how the vette driver gives a quick left imput just before the rise).

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More like because of the OEM KW shocks. Before I replaced the shocks, everytime my ACR's suspension got compressed and hit a rise in the road, it felt like the shocks just couldn't damp the almost 1100# springs from rebounding good enough and felt like it would just bounced off the the road so I never felt comfortable going fast around bumpy turns on the road. The car did feel very planted on most tracks. When driving on the road, I had to use the CG Lock to hellp cinch me into the seat so I would get launched off my seat and hit the headliner from time to time. I also had to tighten my ads from time to time to stabilize my torso on bumyp roads. I had since replaced the shocks with Motons and the car feels so much more planted and I no longer have to **** my guts in on bumpy roads. Those KW's are SCARELY and I have tried all the bump and rebound settings, including going to 800# springs in the back, then finally gave up on them. SRT are you reading this email?

I have experienced the same thing, I thought I was the only one.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
fastmd,

You are not the only one.

I swapped out the OE KW shocks after just a few months. They just couldn't control the rear springs no matter where you set them. The car was super bouncy over any kind of road irregularity.

The new Moton Motorsport shocks work sooo much better at controlling the springs on the street and on the track that you'd have to ride in it to believe it. I can go full throttle over smaller bumps now that would have upset the car with the OE set up.

I think this accident was driver error but if it had OE suspension, it certainly didn't help.

Dan

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fastmd,

You are not the only one.

I swapped out the OE KW shocks after just a few months. They just couldn't control the rear springs no matter where you set them. The car was super bouncy over any kind of road irregularity.

The new Moton Motorsport shocks work sooo much better at controlling the springs on the street and on the track that you'd have to ride in it to believe it. I can go full throttle over smaller bumps now that would have upset the car with the OE set up.

I think this accident was driver error but if it had OE suspension, it certainly didn't help.

Dan

Dan,
You have a pm.
Thx.