Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, is Paul Senior really that big? He looks like a "giant" on TV.

ps. Is that you Joseph making a "special appearence" in half the shots?...lol

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So whose fault was it that we got the cold shoulder from OCC? Was it our (VCA) fault for not scheduling the event when we could have (any) access to their factory or was it OCC for simply not giving a hoot how many Viper folk came to visit?

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Cold Shoulder?

Let me defend Joe O for a minute here:

This was a rather impromptu chance opportunity, as Joe had attended a fundraiser and was able to pin Paul Sr down and ask whether he would be open to a visit from our Viper Club.

From what I understand, the first invite brought about a dozen Snakes over there... but Paul had forgotten about the appointment, and all left rather frustrated. Joe O got back on the phone and was able to get them to promise that they would, in fact, be available for Saturday... and that's when Joe opened up the invitation to all.

Amazingly, over 70 Vipers and over 120 enthusiastic people were in attendance, making it all but impossible to have a more "personal" tour or Q&A session. My guess is that they figured that they would have the same 12 or so Vipers show up.

All in all, they were very patient with the Photo session that left me with worn out fingers from volunteering to be the "offical cameraman" as everyone lined up for pics.

Could it have been any better? The only way would have been to ask them for a full day of tour and Q&A... and my guess is with their schedule (and TV shoots) that would be a VERY expensive proposition.

Heck, it was worth it just for the fantastic drive up with 70 Snake Slithering up I87!

Thanks Again Joe!

POIZENUS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OCC knew 50 Vipers were coming. They arranged the additional parking lot across the street.
Parked behind our 72 Vipers were another 65 Harleys.
They didn't know about us or us about them going to OCC.
That added to the crowd of people. Big Paul did talk to
me about a single file line walking through the shop.
He decided against it, thought it would take to much
time away from filming.
The cruise was and always will be the best part!!!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe:

There is no need to defend MY friend Joe O. He did a hell of a job putting it all together.

I simply asked where the fault (and there WAS a fault) lied when 120 people spent 2 hours taking photos of 2 bikes and each other. There were many of us who were considering buying bikes from these guys. So THEY were losers in that regard.

All in all the drive was GREAT! But if the day was to cruise, we should have driven more than an hour and a half. I'm sorry to criticize, but when 120 people take a day out of their weekend to participate in a 3 hour drive (great) and a 2 hour circle stand (ridiculous), it leaves something to be desired.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
City,

I KNOW circle "stand" isn't the word you want to use! LOL

And Joe H, seeing you next to big Paul, I'm pretty sure you could kick his butt! I sugguest next time those in attendance kick in a $20 each and Joe and big Paul wrestle for the ***.

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Wrestling match? I think it would be more of a slaughterfest! You'd have to glue me back together!

Paul IS a big man! :D

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
City,

I KNOW circle "stand" isn't the word you want to use! LOL
Mike, when I post here I have to remember the rules. Funny, but when I typed "stand" it actually read better! :D

Of course deviants like yourself easily read between the circle. :2tu:

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2 cents....Joe did a good job with what he had to work with, but standing around OCC was a waste of time. Not a waste for them though, they made a few grand off our purchases @ 30-35 a pop for anything in the trailer. Wish the blonde went for 30......

Still the ride up was the best!

AC.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not know about this event. Who's fault is this? :mad: I would have loved to have seen all these cars in a group. My friend had to tell me about it on TV. Nice pictures though :smirk:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Dayum! 72 Vipers! Thats a whole lot of turnout, even by SoCal VCA standards......

You guys got a great club rockin there...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas