Ouch, this is humbling...........

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats up with the Neon front tires?

I am interrested how much the Neon was modded???? Cool to have a 4-****** with 12 sec timeslip!

I really dont care who wins, since I have lost already to a Toyota Tercel. It went 9's. Had a RX-7 Wankel from helll in it....
I lost also to a Dodge Caravan! He had a Buick GN drive train. Talk about humiliation....
Luckily I had my Grand National in both cases at Englishtown and Atco, but they were fully capable of taking my -93 Viper with a mid 12 sec. timeslip.

No matter what, I still can park a Viper in the garage instead of a Dodge Caravan!
Lauri

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how much that one is modded, but I know that stock they are an absolute BLAST do drive. I'm looking for a yellow '04. Tough to find. Oh, and I get made fun of because I want a Neon. I have some employees that can't understand wanting a Neon when you own a Viper.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Way fun cars.
Didn't they drop yellow and replace with blue for '04?

'04 also has the posi axle and more power than the '03.

I'm looking for a yellow '04. Tough to find.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I drove the SRT-4 at the Western Zone Rendevous, around a little go-kart sized track. It wound up pretty quick when you stomped on the gas, easy to shift, very spunky little car. But in the "hairpin" turn, the thing understeered quite a bit, so I thought the only way to get around the turn quickly was to try to drift it, to get the right steering angle, but that was hard because it was front wheel drive, so it wasn't easy to get the back end to come around. So the best I could do, was drive within its designed limits. Fun car to drive, at any rate.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove the SRT-4 at the Western Zone Rendevous, around a little go-kart sized track. It wound up pretty quick when you stomped on the gas, easy to shift, very spunky little car. But in the "hairpin" turn, the thing understeered quite a bit, so I thought the only way to get around the turn quickly was to try to drift it, to get the right steering angle, but that was hard because it was front wheel drive, so it wasn't easy to get the back end to come around. So the best I could do, was drive within its designed limits. Fun car to drive, at any rate.

I agree, FWD just feels wierd at the limit and is hard to drive. The neww Diff is supposed to help a lot of that.

On another note an SRT-4 finsihed 8th OVERALL in the 1 lap of America this year.

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No yellow for 04 unfortunately but there is WHITE!!!!

booooo

I'd rather have blue anyway.

I'm told there were 1,300 yellow SRT-4 '04's made. Don't know if that number is correct, but I did have one dealer confirm there are some yellows. Sorry Craig, no white on '04 SRT-4, I hear you can get an SRT-10 in white. :D

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
On another note an SRT-4 finsihed 8th OVERALL in the 1 lap of America this year.

Not too shabby! This car is destined to appeal to the 2F2F crowd, since its a good platform for mods, and has a young vibe to it. Smart marketing.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dang I dunno why I thought white was an option. That's a good thing. I saw on the dodge website that yellow is extremely limited availibility so hurry!

We didn't get any 03 SRT-4's up here, and they're doing the launch in the Winter....in CANADA. Who is in charge of this?

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way fun cars.
Didn't they drop yellow and replace with blue for '04?

'04 also has the posi axle and more power than the '03.

I'm looking for a yellow '04. Tough to find.

Yes, they dropped the yellow for blue. Also added limited slip differential and side airbags as a option. Not bad for under 20k.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not too shabby! This car is destined to appeal to the 2F2F crowd, since its a good platform for mods, and has a young vibe to it. Smart marketing.

Not only that but you have a 3 different stages of power adders from Mopar that don't void your warranty! Now THAT is brilliant.

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT-4 used to be fastest car under $20k. 2004 it is fastest car under $21K.

stevnso117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats up with the Neon front tires?

I am interrested how much the Neon was modded???? Cool to have a 4-****** with 12 sec timeslip!

I really dont care who wins, since I have lost already to a Toyota Tercel. It went 9's. Had a RX-7 Wankel from helll in it....
I lost also to a Dodge Caravan! He had a Buick GN drive train. Talk about humiliation....
Luckily I had my Grand National in both cases at Englishtown and Atco, but they were fully capable of taking my -93 Viper with a mid 12 sec. timeslip.

No matter what, I still can park a Viper in the garage instead of a Dodge Caravan!
Lauri

A caravan are you serious? Man i know that had to ****. I just got my viper and i don`t think i`ll ever race it after hearing these story`s.lol.