Ouch, this is humbling...........

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I just can't standz it no more. It's a friggin neon. A butt ugly neon. All that power in a car I'd pay big money not to be seen in. Reminds me of that Rustang/Mustang/Cobra thread a couple days back. I just don't get it but to each their own. Diversity makes the world go round.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And that 53 Indian Chief looks good to you :)
Can't comment on the 70 wife, but if you could send me pics of the mods I will be glad to look them over :laugh: (u know i'm kidding)

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mopar, did you know what this neon was running as far as engine setup??
As to other points, there is no shame being beaten by a hopped up neon.. I've seen a lot of uglier cars that are held together by duct tape and bubblegum that can run a better straight line pass than a Viper. Doesn't mean though that they are a nicer car and i certainly wouldn't want to trade! I had a nova whooping my ass at the street drags a few weeks ago.. till he melted a piston that is.. ;)

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't comment on the 70 wife, but if you could send me pics of the mods I will be glad to look them over :laugh: (u know i'm kidding)
Tony, I don't want to shoplift the thread, but since you asked, here are some of the Levin mod's (twin turbos) that are completed:
http://www.sleepdental.net/kelliphoto.jpg
I've got more moddin to do, but she says I'm done. Something genetic about being a Levin.... always wanting to modify something. :shocked:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yellow for 04 is a definite, though as stated there are very few. We sold a screamin yella one to a Chrysler Engineer and it is rare, but they do exist. The Stage two upgrade ( supposedly not to far from production ) will boost the SRT-4 close to 300 hp, and with a Stage 1 and the BFG KD tires , Quaiffe limited slip, the rumors are out that a perfect track and great driver will get the little beastie into the mid 13s!! Needless to say,it is only the third fastest PVO car.

1. Comp Coupe
2. SRT-10
3. SRT-4

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And it will be the 4th fastest when the SRT-Ram comes out. ;)

But for the money, it's a great value, being a 4-door compact car.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Wait a minute.

I thought it was PVO on the later Gen 2 Vipers. Since this was about a Gen 1 Viper and SRT-4, Leaving all of them stock it would be something like,

Comp Coupe
SRT-10
Gen 2 Viper
Gen 1 Viper
SRT-RAM
SRT-4

That SRT-4 MPH is with mods and slicks while the Viper is stock, no?

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey who took pictures? Thats me! The Neon is a Stage 1 supercharger on it, big intercooler, drag radials, and a cold air intake system. She races every week and that just happened to be her best run to date. I have a stock 92 gen 1, been to the track 3 times in 2 years. My best time to date. Had a blast, got a big hug from her when it was all over, she's a hottie (Norwegian).

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think you mean it is a SRT-4 Turbo,with the Stage 1 upgrade.I am assuming it is an 04 with the Quaiffe limited slip,but either way that is a stout runner. Heck , if she is that cute, just keep losing and cashing in on the hugs,hehe.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man these cars could get a married man into a lot of trouble.
Bill- Exactly (turbo, stage 1, limited slip, drag tires).
n' the only way I would mod my car is if Sean needed a donor car for his gen 1 set-up :D . I can leave for florida in the morning (need be).

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Humbling part being my inexperience drag racing. Dodge stating that a stock early gen 1 coming in @ 12.6 in the quarter mile. Point being that a 12.6 would have edged out the SRT 4. That being her best run to date on a stage 1 car. Up against the old man, just out for a little recreation. Driving a classic stock car. That would be like saying a stock 59 or 62 Corvette would be not worth owning if a ZO6 could beat in in the quarter mile? Where as I would rather own the older car. But I enjoy being older and wiser :D (drag racing's not my game).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine