Our 2001 ACR - delivered w/photos

mele

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We found and purchased a very nice 2001 GTS ACR viper with 21k miles on it from Star City Motors. It is in very nice shape and we love the car! As you can see from the delivery photos below, the "we" is our whole family (wife & four kids). My father also has a 2001 ACR which I have driven a fair amount whenever we visit, so I knew exactly what I was getting into, and I don't think I could be happier. The only thing I want to check out asap is the knocking in the rear shocks/struts. I know the ACR shocks are known to go bad and I had a viper tech check them and they appeared to fine and not in need of a rebuild and he commented that the knocking is a common problem on the ACRs, which I thought was only the 99's & 00's?? Anyone care to comment?

Well, the delivery day came last thursday, and typical spring in montana, you never know what weather to expect... it snowed all day. Luckily it was warm enough that none of it stuck to the ground and it broke just long enough for the car to be dropped off at the local kmart and for us to get it home safely!! Of course, the next two days were sunny and 65. Needless to say, in a small city where there no other vipers (that I know of) it got a lot of attention... being red didn't help that any!

Anyway, we are still smiling, and enjoy the pics:
You must be registered for see images attach

MEL

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice ride. I've never seen a wider smile. I have a clunk in my rear suspension also. Comes and goes. Seems louder when it is cold. I have been told it's normal. I have re-torqued all of the bolts in the rear suspension to no avail. Mine is coming from the passenger's side. Guess I'll drive it until something falls off.

OP
OP
M

mele

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!!

I'll get my vin added tonight.

We are all still smiling! It will probably take longer than 15 years to remove them. I started it up yesterday before coming to work... just to hear her run. Is that normal, or do I have a disease? :D

I didn't realize that there are no pictures of my wonderful wife with the car. That picture of my son looking into the car is a great one. By the time we left the parking lot there were a good number of onlookers around the car checking it out. Amazing they still get that much attention.

I forgot to mention that Chris from Star City motors (San Fran area) as well as Glory Transport (Colorado based) were both excellent to work with.

MEL

kpham

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Red ACR is the best!!!

Besides the year, mine is almost exactly the same as yours. I'm still smiling (it's been 3 and half years now) hehe.

V

Venomiss

Welcome to Vipers! Love the pictures of the family-they are great!
Make sure you give each kid equal opportunity to ride with Dad or Mom.:D

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great looking car and great looking family! It's great that you involved the entire family! Hope you all enjoy the car!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
21K miles? Really???? That car looks great for that many. Proves that driving the car does not hurt it.

Agreed... Looks very well taken care of.. I saw that car on their web-site, and it jumped right out at me, as being a "great" buy for an ACR.. Well bought.. Enjoy it..

OP
OP
M

mele

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, the car is in excellent condition for 21k miles, I was blown away. The car has been very well taken care of, but it did sit on the show room floor until 2004 when it was finally purchased. The best surprise was the 7/70 extended Chrysler warranty that is good through 2011, with transfer signed by its original owner. its allowed one transfer, and I get to be the one! So warranty covered even! I am very pleased, as is the family, though my wife really doesn't want to drive it :dunno:

hum... sunny and clear today, 65 is the high, came into the office early... I may need to head for a drive (especially since its suppose to be 39 for a high on Sunday with snow and rain in the forecast)

MEL
PS - The zipper worried me on the jacket as well, but he was very careful and didn't make contact, and I didn't want to ruin the moment for him.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the car is in excellent condition for 21k miles, I was blown away. The car has been very well taken care of, but it did sit on the show room floor until 2004 when it was finally purchased. The best surprise was the 7/70 extended Chrysler warranty that is good through 2011, with transfer signed by its original owner. its allowed one transfer, and I get to be the one! So warranty covered even! I am very pleased, as is the family, though my wife really doesn't want to drive it :dunno:

hum... sunny and clear today, 65 is the high, came into the office early... I may need to head for a drive (especially since its suppose to be 39 for a high on Sunday with snow and rain in the forecast)

MEL
PS - The zipper worried me on the jacket as well, but he was very careful and didn't make contact, and I didn't want to ruin the moment for him.

That's a great deal. Oh, I almost forgot...now that you're a Viper owner and all...put the VIN of your new beauty in your profile (only the admins can see this info) so I can update your status from Enthusiast to Viper Owner. And we would LOVE to have you join the VCA too! This is an awesome club, check out all the things it offers in this thread:

http://forums.viperclub.org/new-owner-questions/603453-new-viper-owner-time-join-vca.html

I look forward to the opportunity to make your title read "VCA MEMBER". :D

And again, congrats, that car is a beauty!

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations and thanks for posting the photos. Reminds me of the day i picked up my Viper from the delivery man. Very happy day indeed. Still brings a smile to my face when i look in the garage and even more on the road.:drive:BTW, I agree with those above about red being the true Viper color. Good choice! Also, i envy you opening her up on those desolate Monatana valley highways where not too long ago the speed limit was unlimited. Now you'll have to keep it in the 75 mph range. :cool:
Good luck.
PAvenom RT/10

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

MEL

Wow, that sounds like my car. Sat on the floor until mid 2003 when I bought it. I love finding cars like that. GOOD LUCK!!

OP
OP
M

mele

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's a great deal. Oh, I almost forgot...now that you're a Viper owner and all...put the VIN of your new beauty in your profile (only the admins can see this info) so I can update your status from Enthusiast to Viper Owner. And we would LOVE to have you join the VCA too! This is an awesome club, check out all the things it offers in this thread:

Okay, I have updated my profile with the VIN, I'll check into VCA membership

thanks everyone!

MEL

V

Venomiss

When and where (in Jasper)?

MEL

Here is the thread with all the information:
http://forums.viperclub.org/canada-western/611848-asps-jasper-ii.html

If you sign up quick with the VCA they can probably get you a Spring Copy of the magazine if you ask. Has all kinds of pictures from last years cruise.:)Call 1-800-998-1110 and ask.

Membership get you all kinds of goodies-VCA magazine, perks for this site, and discounts from vendors. Right now the VCA is offering a $55 dollar discount (per person) for VCA members toward VOI 10 in Detroit. Almost pays for the membership right there!

This is the thread from the first Jasper cruise last year-pages 4 & 5 have lot's of pictures from the fun!
http://forums.viperclub.org/canada-western/601112-asps-jasper-4.html

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dad can I take the Viper to prom?

I hear "Daddy...you love me most right?"
"Daddy...can my boyfriend and I take it for a spin?"
"Daddy...you rememberd my birthday! oh thank you Daddy"
"Daddy...Red is nice but pink is more my style"

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I looked at a 97 B/W at Star City motors. Unforunately it had a busted tranny, but Chris seemed quite honest. Glad you had a good buying experience.

Ted

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang