Overspray noted underneath my factory painted oem hood. Normal?

Final GTS 286

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my GTS Final Ed. brand new, but I noticed that the paint job is not perfect underneath the hoood. The area under the hood, where the red color stops is not a clean line. There are areas where the red just tapers off or is alittle jagged or there is slight overspray into the black area.

Is this a common finding in other new vipers?
Is this normal?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Probably normal, if it is near the stripes. Overspray and other issues are possible reasons that Prefix now does the striping on the new cars. They also did the stripes and the custom paint on the radio bezel on the Commemorative Editions last year.

Look underneath the car and you will likely find alot of the same thing on the front and rear fascia.

Best Regards,
Bill Pemberton

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on your intentions, if you want to keep it in pristine condition, leave it alone. I'm sure most of us here recall the '67 V 435 w/alum intake and overspray. I can clearly remember some of the terrible jobs on counterfeits. :bonker:

Other option - it's your car! :usa: :2tu:

Enjoy
Larry

OP
OP
F

Final GTS 286

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a repair. Is the line like it was a masking tape edge?

Post a Photo

yeah it kinda looks like a masking tape edge. do they mask of the under part of the hood when they paint the hood at the factory?