PA area CAR SHOW

Blacksupra93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and i just wanted to let you all know about an upcoming car show. I'm on the committee planning it so if you have any questions about it feel free to ask me. While this is not a viper specific event, any and all vipers are more than welcome to be there.

heres some information:
April 24th, 2004 at Millersville University

10am-Noon: Roll-in and set up
Noon-4:30: The Car show
4:30-Awards and giveways
Where: McComsey Parking lot-Millersville University
Rain Location: Under the parking garage

THE DYNO! Ever wondered how much power your car can make? Well now's the time to find out! Register for the show and you can sign up to put your car on the dyno. The Dyno will be running from 10:00am-4:30pm on a first-come, first-served basis, so come early! Pricing information is below.

GIVEAWAY -Everyone that registers for the car show will be automatically entered in a giveway of prizes. This will be held during the awards ceremony at the end of the day. Prizes include free dyno time at Xotic Motorsports and more!

Registration- Registration will be $15 at the door. Pre-registration is only $10 so register early!

General Admission -Want to come check out the show without showing off your car? No Problem! Admission is FREE so put the word out and bring all your friends.

Dyno -The first 10 people to dyno will recieve a special rate of $50 for 3 runs. After that the price will be set at $60 for 3 runs. This is much lower than other places. Dyno's are usually $80 for 3 runs, so take advantage of these rates!

The following link has all the information about the show that is in this post, plus pictures, contact information, and a printable registration sheet:
www.millersv.edu/~uab/carshow1.html

Millersville University is located in Millersville, PA, which is very close to Lancaster PA. I'll work on getting some driving directoins added to the site.

There will also be free food, a DJ, and some of the dance groups from the university.

Thanks guys,
Bob

If you think you might come, or are at least interested...would you post up saying your interested? I'm trying to get a general idea of what to expect.

also, if you need to contact me you can reach me at [email protected]
Thanks!

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can ever get rid of the salt and debris on the roads, I will be there. :2tu:

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a good day! I'll try & be there but not if it looks like rain. Keep us posted!

OP
OP
B

Blacksupra93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just another update:

I added driving directions to the car show website(which is in my frist post),on it there is a link under the General Information section. Click it and all you have to enter is where your coming from.

Also, just to give you an idea of what other cars I'm trying to attract,
I have posted on the following forums.

www.clubhotrod.com
www.corvetteforum.com
www.supraforums.com
www.ls1.com
www.twinturbo.net(nissan 300zx)
www.stangnet.com
www.3si.org (mitsubishi 3000gt/dodge stealth)
www.rx7club.com

and alot of others as well.

Hopefully this will give the show a very broad appeal and bring many sports car enthusiasts together.

Thanks guys,
Bob

OP
OP
B

Blacksupra93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Show update for you. As suggested awhile back, we have now added the judging sheets for each category to the main page of our website. We changed alot on the sheets this year to ensure the clarity of what is being judged.

The only class we havn't put up is motorcycle, and that will be up when we finish going through it.

You can check them all out under the judging section of this page:
www.millersville.edu/~uab/carshow.html

REMINDER: The show is only a few weeks away now. If you know that you're coming for sure, save yourself a few dollars and pre-register.(form is available on the website)

-It looks like we have 4 dance groups performing.
-We have ~$200 worth of stuff we're giving away. This includes a mr. clean no dry, a full case of oil, a couple small tool sets, other car products, dyno time at Xotic.

OP
OP
B

Blacksupra93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wanted to exlpain the judging sheets alittle bit better. Many people have commented that according to the sheets, stock cars wont be scoring points and that they would get beaten by "riced out" cars.

If you look at the judging sheets, in each main category(theres 4 of them) there is 1-5 points for cleanliness and attention to detail. That accounts for 20 points out of the judging sheet that are meant to see how well you keep your cars, stock or not. Also there is a category that we are adding, which is not on the sheet yet. This is going to be called "rarity" or something along those lines, intended to judge how often a car is seen on the road or at the show, etc, for another 5 points. This allows for 25 points in completely stock form.

Also, categories such as rims, or paint are not just dedicated to aftermarket. A good stock paint job will still earn you points, you just wont max out in the category, because we have allocated points for aftermarket paintjobs etc. Same goes for wheels...if you have nice looking wheels stock, and theyre say 17's; you are going to score some points for size and style of wheels, but you wont max out the amount of points you can score for wheels.

Do you stock guages look nice? Do you have a turbo kit on a car with the appropriate guages hooked up correctly? you'll score points for that. Did you just bolt on a moster tach? that wont score nearly as well. of course, that last example doesnt apply as much to vipers as other cars but im just trying to give examples.

Much will be taken into consideration for all categories, which is hard to display on a basic judging sheet. That is what the judges are for.

Also, the same judging sheet is being used for mild and wild categories...so if you enter mild there will be things that probably wont apply to you on the sheet. Please dont be discouraged by that.

Hope to see you guys there.
Bob

OP
OP
B

Blacksupra93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just one final reminder for you guys:

THE CAR SHOW IS THIS SATURDAY!

weather looks promising...about 65 degrees and partly cloudy.

Hope to see a some viper guys there!!

I know of 2 MKIV supras and one NSX that have said they will be there for sure.

still praying the guy in lancaster with the shelby series 1 will come but do not know.

Report This Post | IP: Logged

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was definately going to go but now unfortunately my transmission is out of my car. :( Hope to get it back in by next week!

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I got the tranny in & am hoping the rain stops to test it out on the road. If all goes well I'll be at the show with my car, if not then I'll be there with my son & his SRT-4. :)

OP
OP
B

Blacksupra93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venom 1000TT,
I just wanted to personally thank you for coming out to the show. Your car is insane! Hope you liked the show. we had a great day and a real nice turnout.
We are hoping to make next year's show even better so if you have any input I'd be glad to hear it.

Thanks again,
Bob

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a good time at your show. Lots of nice cars & great people. My son got to dyno his SRT-4 there & got 270 RWHP which was pretty impressive. Thanks for the free food/refreshments and thanks for the invite!

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have pics to post? I sure wish I could have been there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine