Paging John B..

Username

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
First post here but know some of you from the alley..

John, I have been trying for months to get on your website with no success. I have tried every which way to Sunday but always get the same message that the page is unavailable..any suggestions?..I would hate to see 100% of advertising wasted because I can't actually see what you're advertising.
S.

OP
OP
U

Username

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nope, this is all I get no matter what I do:-

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use IE 6.0

No problems.

Could be a security setting.

Or like was said, different browser. I think they're all free these days.

As a final resort, he does have a phone...

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
u seem to be the only one. Have you tried using someone else's computer to place your order? or just call him

OP
OP
U

Username

Viper Owner
Reaction score
u seem to be the only one. Have you tried using someone else's computer to place your order? or just call him

I've tried different ISP's and different computers...no change. I don't need to order anything but it would be nice to see what he has like I can on every other website in the world !.If I can't get in your door how can I buy your merchandise ??. I'm not changing browsers just so I can access one website amongst millions of others that have no issue.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I've been banned from Partsrack !.

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've tried different ISP's and different computers...no change. I don't need to order anything but it would be nice to see what he has like I can on every other website in the world !.If I can't get in your door how can I buy your merchandise ??. I'm not changing browsers just so I can access one website amongst millions of others that have no issue.

Consider yourself special . . . .

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, other than just browsing or fun which is great, bear in mind that Jon's website shows only a portion of the things he has in stock. I get word of most of the interesting things (carbon fiber wheels, brake packages etc) by either calling or e-mailing him directly.

/Rich

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have no problem accessing JonB's website Online Shopping - Home
with Internet Explorer.

If you have been using some very old version of IE or some computer set up in the early part of the last decade, that may be the issue. If you have used different modern computers and have typed in the correct address, then I agree, it is probably just you. Or, perhaps you live in a particularly unsavory part of NJ that he has blocked.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try it outside your home and I'll bet it works. Something's up with your PCs and or your home network.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check your firewall settings, cookie settings (does your browser/pc accept or refuse them?), Flash Player version (a piece of software that enables certain animated stuff on websites to be played), and your IE browser version (I recently had to updrage to a newer version, maybe your pc doesn't have it yet?).

OP
OP
U

Username

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Check your firewall settings, cookie settings (does your browser/pc accept or refuse them?), Flash Player version (a piece of software that enables certain animated stuff on websites to be played), and your IE browser version (I recently had to updrage to a newer version, maybe your pc doesn't have it yet?).

All logical answers but non-helpful. I'm running all the latest software on a 2008 Sony Vaio. Even if I add partsrack to my trusted list it does nothing. Same goes to two other computers in my house. Even tried a different ISP via my Verizon wireless card...NOTHING.
I can access any website on the web except partsrack !!!..

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All logical answers but non-helpful. I'm running all the latest software on a 2008 Sony Vaio. Even if I add partsrack to my trusted list it does nothing. Same goes to two other computers in my house. Even tried a different ISP via my Verizon wireless card...NOTHING.

It is possible then that you are in an IP range that is being blocked by PartsRack's hosting service for hacking attempts. It happens. You might give Jon a call and just ask about it, he may at least be able to check (and I'm sure he'd want to know this too if he doesn't already.)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be happy to place those orders for you.

I'll need:

-> Full name and address:
-> Mother's maiden name:
-> DOB:
-> SSN:
-> Driver's license # and state:
-> Credit card # and 3 digit code:
-> Photocopy of a canceled check from your account:

That should do it.

Oh yeah. A list of the parts I want would be good.

OP
OP
U

Username

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd be happy to place those orders for you.

I'll need:

-> Full name and address:
-> Mother's maiden name:
-> DOB:
-> SSN:
-> Driver's license # and state:
-> Credit card # and 3 digit code:
-> Photocopy of a canceled check from your account:

That should do it.

Oh yeah. A list of the parts I want would be good.

Haha...you can have my G.B. ssn , drivers license, passport, checking account and c.c.# . As I've stated on va, I'm never using them again !!.
Order a Vec, ROE, HID's, headers, 18" rims with tires,AP hardtop, short shifter, Konis, big brakes and drive shafts.We'll split it up between us. :D

And NO, I still haven't been able to access Partsrack...

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you've tried different computers and ISP's, then your IP isn't the issue. I'd be willing to bet it's as simple as typing in the wrong URL. Have you tried clicking on the links in the above posts?

If not, click on the link below:

Online Shopping - Home

If that STILL doesn't work... the problem could be your DNS settings. Try an open DNS server like: 4.2.2.2

OP
OP
U

Username

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW! My website has had more hits the past 12 hours than EVER ! I thank you, thank you, thank you............ If you said what you wanted, I misssed it..........

[email protected]

[email protected]

360 837 3937 Mondays are usually crazy-busy-rushed

Glad I could help you.... However, I still can't access your website. Just send me a VEC2 and we'll call it even. ;)

OP
OP
U

Username

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yup that might work, let me give you the welcome you deserve:

You must be registered for see images

Damn that never gets old :D

Bastard !!.. Ooops, I mean illegitimate offspring of a fishnet wearing sheep.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I "almost" called JonB on Monday to place an order, but I decided I'd be safer ordering the battery tender through his website. :D