Paging Rich Detert...

matt lankford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if your looking for a shifter i have the shortest one and i will sell it for 15 shipped. brand new, went mgw instead, couldnt get the [******] stocker off even with 40 bucks in new tools

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt did you try a crow's foot? That was the perfect tool for me, otherwise it looked to be near impossible.

OP
OP
N

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too had to use a crows foot 19mm wrench - with a breaker bar, it took all of 10 seconds to break loose with no drama.

It would have been impossible otherwise I think.

You can buy a 19mm crows foot wrench head at Sears for $7

Also, thanks for the offer Matt but I'm looking for a 4" and a 4.75" shift rod from Rich...the shortest one would be too short for me.

matt lankford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i bought the whole set of husky crows feet just to have and i couldnt get it off. no biggie, i got the mgw knob instead. if anyone needs a 3" ive got it

OP
OP
N

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had problems at first too until I used a breaker bar (a Gorilla bar I use for lug nuts actually) to really crank on it.

With a socket wrench I couldn't get enough leverage on the thing but that Gorilla breaks everything loose as if it wasn't even on tight...

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry It took so long to respond, I've been out of town since last Sunday.

I'll give you a call in the morning (Saturday morning).
-----
Matt email me. If you still have it, ship the shifter shaft back to me, I'll be happy to refund you the $20 price of the shifter shaft ($25 less the $5 shipping = $20).

When I wrote "Thanks for your order. If you're happy with this part tell other Viper owners, if not tell me." at the bottom of my invoices I actually do mean it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960