PAGING VPRKILR... VPRKILR...

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good run guys! Looks like you both got better with each pass.

Ben why were your 60' so high even with ET streets? That 1.80 was good but the rest were not much better than stock tires. Just wondering as ET streets & skinnies are next on my list of things to get. I thought they would get you 1.60's and 1.50's with a hard launch, is this not true?

Also what did you run with your old Supra before the Viper? Just curious as to what you ran, same driver two different cars. If I recall correctly you were running 500+ rwhp. Are they as hard to get good ET at the track as people say? The best Supra I've seen run was 12.6@120 the rest were low 13's @110-115

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
> Ben why were your 60' so high even with ET streets?

I wasn't successful in getting a solid burnout. I tried twice; the first time one tire spun and one didn't (!) and the second time I couldn't hold the car in place for long enough to get the tires heated up. The 1.81 was actually with no burnout at all. I'm sure 1.6s and 1.7s are possible, but I haven't managed them yet. Doug recommends I get line locks
smile.gif

I never did run the old Supra at the dragstrip, but someone else with the same setup ran 11.0 @ 131, I believe on DRs. Steve's going the big single route soon enough now, and he's good at launching the beast, so we'll see how he does.

Interestingly, I was at Sears Point this evening and managed a 1.90 (!) and 1.97 on the stock 18" Pilot Sports. Practice, practice...

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is with Belanger headers 3inch cat back and smooth tubes. And yes I have the dyno numbers. I would race you anytime, but don't forget I will also use my power adder. Seriously I think Supras and any other fast car that looks good and hauls a** is awsome import or not! I prefer Vipers of course but I am a car guy. My 3000gt twin has beat many Supras and other cars. I like fast cars period.

Have a good one, Kenric