Paint & Body Shops In Northern Colorado?

Kens66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I recently moved to Loveland, CO. The moving company moved my '97 GTS with 2600 miles on it, and they managed to bang it up pretty good. I need new wheels, and a couple of body panels need repainting. Has anyone had any especially good or bad experiences with body shops between, say, Denver and Wyoming?

Any recommendations would be welcome, and also any general advice on what questions to ask, what to watch out for, etc. Thanks!

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to CO! I'm just 20 minutes to the east of you, in G-town (sorry, it's gettho here)! But in answer to your question, there's a shop here in Greeley that has worked on a Viper before, I'm not sure to what extent though. If you don't get any other leads I'll be more then happy to look into it for you!

And when the snow melts, make sure you take that GTS into the mountains!

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if they're still in business but some 10-15 years ago I had my '72 Blazer stripped down and repainted at Western Frame and Body Works in Greeley. The paint (all black) still looks awesome to this day (even though its garaged all the time). Lots of compliments on the truck at our local car shows. I have a number if you'd like it...303-356-8216. I dont know if they are still around or whether they have experience with Vipers. Good luck.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They sure are, but your number is WAY old. We haven't been a 303 area code for...10 or 15 years, lol!

The new number is (970) 330-1992

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's probably too far east, but Kansas City has a shop (Eveland Brothers) that specializes in high end vehicles, and they are not cheap. They worked on a panel of one of my Vipers, and there was no way to tell that it was ever repainted. Absolutely perfect. No overspray anywhere. I wanted them to take the part off, but they told me that if they did, the damage to the paint on the bolts could identify it as a repaint. They actually applied a spray-on mask to the whole car, in addition to a film mask, which prevented any overspray. They have two properly ventilated, filtered, and heated spray booths.

I would never go anywhere else, and have probably had 10 cars repaired over my life. In my experience, nobody else even comes close to this shop.

Anyhow, good luck in your search.

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a shop in Lakewood CO, Lawson's Paint & Body, 303 277 1242. They've done several complete restorations for me, they repainted my silver side sills a couple times on my previous car, they are painting stripes on my current 2001 GTS and have experience with a couple other Vipers including a near total.

Not the worlds fastest, but you won't find anyone who does better work. Very, VERY highly recommended.

Ask for Doug, tell him Joe sent you!

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ken, is this your car? If it is, it looks really good, I couldn't even tell it had any work done.

8832976-med.JPG

8832977-med.JPG

OP
OP
K

Kens66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, that is my car. Thanks everyone for the recommendations! Ozzie's was recommended by the guy who inspected the car's damage for the moving company. I probably should have evaluated more shops, but the car's been out of commission for 4 months now and I just wanted to get things moving. When they're done I'll post a follow-up with my opinion of the job.

OP
OP
K

Kens66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, so here's the promised follow-up... I would give Ozzie's a B- for the job they did. Here are the things that I was less than thrilled about:

1) We agreed up front that my wheels would be refinished instead of replaced. But, when they could not get anyone to refinish the wheels, they ordered new ones without asking me.
2) When they called me to come pick up the car, the paint had a lot of bumps. I pointed them out and they said they would fix them. But, when I came back the next day, they had ONLY fixed the specific ones I had pointed out! I had to sit there for about an hour and get them to fix each individual spot. In my opinion it should have been smooth in the first place, and it damn sure should have been fixed the second time.

But, on the positive side, I literally drove down the street from Ozzie's to the Dodge dealer for an appraisal (for my insurer), and the appraiser wrote "shows no signs of ever having had any bodywork". So I guess the job ended up being pretty good.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you get it today? I was wondering if you ever got it back when I drove by Ozzie's today.
On a side note, if you want to show it off there is a show here in Greeley tomorrow at about 6. If you are interested PM me and I'll give you directions.
The above goes for anyone else who might be interested!