Paint bubble on trunk?

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a paint bubble on the trunk of their cars? I just noticed (had to happen today) a bubble about the size of a nickel and about as thick. Located above the trunk lid on the deck area. I'm assuming there is no recall for this but what causes it? Had to be a defect in the paint or contaminent on the deck when painted. If anyone has had this happen, will the dealer work with you on it because it has to be a manufacturing defect.

Thanks,
Todd

Should I ***** the bubble because in the last hour it has expanded?
Guess I can't say *****...poke?

Last edited:
OP
OP

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks,
I read all of those and one is applicable. My problem isn't the clear coat but the paint itself. I went to Hayes Dodge today and they took pictures and are going to try and get Dodge to cover it. I'm not holding my breath on that but maybe they'll cut me some slack.
Todd

OP
OP

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update,
2 hours after going to Dodge the bubble has increased to larger than a golf ball and about 3 nickles high. Man, I hope they cover this, at this rate I'm gonna have one Hulk of a Viper in the next week..
Todd

OP
OP

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update,
My dealer sent an estimate with pics to Dodge HQ. HQ agreed to pay $400 towards the repair. Now that HQ has admitted responsibility, should I push the issue or play ball with them and pay the additional $700. This will not cover replacing the stripes on the repaired area, an additional $100.

Also, does $1100 to strip and repaint the deck area above the trunk lid sound like a fair price from a dealer?
Thanks,
Todd

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960